New chick in town!!!

Options
:flowerforyou: Heyyy everyone!! My name is Nikki and I'm new to this site! I wanted to give it a try because I've heard such positive things about it! I am a new mom of my 7 month old son Kyler and I couldn't be happier!! I'm due to get married here soon on Sept. 10 and I want to fit my dress and look beautiful!! I wanted to get on here to help me stay motivated with working out and eatting right! I currently am on weight watchers but watching my cals, fats and carbs along with point counting. I just wanted to indroduce myself and hopefully meet some new people as well as some new mommies that know how to lose baby fat and keep it off!! Please dont hesitate to introduce yourself!! :) Nikki:heart:

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcom Nikki and good luck with your journey - I have only been a member for about 3 weeks and I love the site and all it has to offer. We are all here for you!!!
  • HeleneBuchwald
    Options
    Hi Nikki-
    I'm new here too. I just joined this site this week. I'm Helene. I have a 15 month old son and a 33 month old son. I am about 10 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight and it's because of running! Break out the jogging stroller (I don't have one so I just used my son's regular stroller) and started walk/jogging about 4 weeks after giving birth. I'm now up to running 30 miles a week and doing 5K races. It helps that I have a treadmill in the basement and go to the gym on my lunch breaks at work. I run and do some light weight training and this is the best I've looked since high school (I'm 37). I find nothing drops the weight faster for me than good 'ole running. I'd like to drop another 10 pounds, but I've plateau'ed. I'm hoping by tracking my calories it will help me be more conscious about what I put in my mouth. Running so much, I get a very hefty appetite and eat almost more than my husband. Doesn't help that I'm addicted to Rita's Gelati's!!! I read somewhere that calorie counting is the best way to drop weight. I've never been a dieter, and have always relied on exercise to keep me in check, but the older I get, the more I think I need to be paying attention to what goes in!
    Anyway, welcome to the site and I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss endeavor. AND good luck with the wedding planning!!
  • Str0ngM0mma
    Str0ngM0mma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Emily I'm very excited to meet new people who are doing the same as I!!! Its so much easier when you have people to back you up and give advice when your ready to quit!!
    Helene!! Hii!! I would love to be 10lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight!! I'm going to work my hardest to do it too!! I used to be able to run all the time but I just can't stand it, lol. I had to seriously push myself before and I know now I will have to push even harder, its so hard to motivate myself to want to run when I really don't like to! I'm going to run today at the gym though for the first time in months!! I know for a fact thats how I lost all my weight before I got pregnant and I looked (excuse my curse) damn good! And good for you for walking 4 weeks after giving birth thats what I should have done!! I put it off and off and now here I am less than 3 months before my wedding pushing hard to lose the weight! I'm so excited about my wedding, I can't wait til its here and I know the dedication will pay off!!

Thank you both soo much for welcoming me to this site!
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I have been using this site for about 10 weeks and I have lost a total of 16 lbs. Hope you find it useful!!
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey Nikki, I'm Aubrey! Good luck on your journey to lose weight! CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!! I just got married on May 21st, our wedding was on the beach! I'm pretty motivated to lose weight now and keep up with my calories.....I WISH I would have been more motivated before the wedding, I'm slightly disappointed in myself for not getting into shape earlier, but I was still pretty at the wedding and love most of my pictures, so overall I'm happy. Each day is a new one and I'm taking it day by day and doing what I can to get this weight off!! I sent you a friend request also! :)
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    welcome welcome welcome!!!