Costco foods nutrition mystery

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
How do people find out the nutrition on foods from Costco when there's no info on the package?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I have had a few things I have bought that I had to search the internet to find. Most the time you can find the product somewhere, but you have to pay attention to serving sizes as Costco stuff is usually bigger and more.

I also found a few things that had no nutrition info on the package, but scanning the bar code pulled it up.
  • zyxst
    Options
    I didn't even think of scanning the bar code. I don't have a cell phone, but scanning would explain how people can find it out.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    The food court has the calories listed, but the bakery is a minefield. I found that Costco bakery cookies are supposed to have 210 calories per cookie, but I can't find anything official to back that up anywhere and when people said they called Costco, Costco kind of shrugged their shoulders about not having any nutritional info for the bakery.
  • zyxst
    Options
    Unless there's info on the package, I go with something else's info when I eat Costco foods. The cookies I log as Subway cookies. My FIL gave me half an apple pie today and I was checking several sites for info (all about the same). I understand it's 1/12th of pie, but a couple on MFP listed grams; one for 100g and 1 for 150g and I got confused. When it's about desserts, I don't want to short-change myself on a reasonable serving.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I would just guess. If you are a little over/under no big deal. It will even out in the end.

I rarely buy stuff from Costco's bakery because it is too much for just me and the hubby but their stuff looks so good! I have of course sampled whatever they have to try. I am looking forward to a family gathering where I can buy the strawberry cheesecake to bring with - oh my is it tasty!