Calling all big chested ladies....what is a good sports bra???

Options
tiffy099
tiffy099 Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2016 in Getting Started
I am having a hard time finding a good sports bra. The maybe I can be motivated to workout if the girls stay in place or not to bouncy. At stores they never have my size so I have to order online. I am a 40dd in a regular bra and always use Bali live I up bras and haven't changed in over 10 yrs. I tried once at lane branyt but they kept falling out on 2 different bras I had help with. I get so disappointed when I order online I check the size chart look and research and hen when it finally comes in the mail I am let down. It's so discouraging. Of course I read reviews but I am also cheap and to spend 60 bucks if it's a 50 /50 chance makes me nervous. I will purchased if needed but I want opinions on what works and doesn't work. Help me please.....I do want to workout and get in that mode but stupid enough what holds me back is holding down the girls and having them supported. I am looking for high impact...I would like to run again but when I was running I had the uni boob and we're 2 bras and 2 tight tank tops to manage.so uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Replies

• lorenlesley
    lorenlesley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am around the same size you are and I know the struggle, it's real! I usually by the XL in adidas brand and layer it (2 or possibly even wear 3 at once if I plan on running fast). I honestly don't think there's a better solution. I even have this problem with clothes. The way they make tank tops is designed for small chested women. It's frustrating.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Get an Enell. http://enell.com/
  • thewildair
    thewildair Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has surprisingly excellent sports bras. I just got the "Incredible" and I love it. It's super supportive and fits well since you can order by cup size and band size -- which is pretty rare in sports bras.
  • Rosefern1
    Rosefern1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I got a nice sports bra at Jc Penney. Nothing fancy, just plain white. But it provides a lot of support.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Try a sporting goods store like Dicks or Academy. I'm 40DD and the thing that I absolutely have to do is wear two sports bras. One has to be good support, and the other can be flimsy, but together they work.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for Enell. They are not cute but they will hold you in place, no question. You can get seconds (lower cost) at discountsportsbras.com -- that is where I buy mine and I've never had any problem with them.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    Get an Enell. http://enell.com/

This^

I like rebounding.....Enell's are super supportive

You need a tape measure.......http://enell.com/find-your-fit.html
  • beachbum13
    beachbum13 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like the Ta-Ta Tamer by Lululemon. Pricey, but worth it.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wear Lululemon "Clip-in Long Line" sport bras. I'm sporting a pair of D+ cups right now (ugh), and these are great. Kind of pricey, but really work well for me.
  • TryingTeresa
    TryingTeresa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Enell - best one yet. I even wear this one under a swim suit. Expensive but worth it!
  • Jessika29669
    Jessika29669 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just bought the knockout from VS online in 40DD and it has a crossback, clip enclosue, then a zip up of additional material over the enclosure. I wear that with a built in tank and have really great support compared to the past ones I have had.
  • tiletha444
    tiletha444 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the Glamorise No- Bounce sports bra on jcp.com (not sold in stores). They provide good support, not overly constricting my girls, and the price is very reasonable and does not break the bank!

Glamorise has other bra styles on the site, but I have not tried them.
  • mirihawk
    mirihawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wear a size H - and I have never found a sports bra that fits. Any of you recommending enell near that size?
  • meghan1207
    meghan1207 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    seconding @tiletha444 on Glamorise- I use the No-Bounce layered over a Moving Comfort Juno or Moving Comfort Fiona for running. The No-Bounce on its own is good for low-impact workouts. And I use their (Glamorise) 1006 sports bra as my regular everyday bra. Google each model to find the lowest available price. Jcp.com typically is the cheapest for me. I wear a 32F, for reference.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40 to 42 DD, and I have various brands. If you need to try on bras, then it is probably best to go in store at Lane Bryant. They have their semi-annual sale coming up soon--buy two, get two free. They usually keep some on clearance as well. I use to go to Academy and buy the BCG brand of sports bras. They still give me uniboob, but for $10 a pair--I just deal with it. I have some Danskin bras, but they are for weight-lifting where there's not so much bouncing.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40DDD and I love Glamorize sports bras. I happened to take a progress pic last night so I have a recent picture. What I like about them is they are constructed like a regular no wire bra but have a panel in the front that you can adjust to increase how much support you need depending on what activity you are doing. viddnr3f56f3.jpg
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    mirihawk wrote: »
    I wear a size H - and I have never found a sports bra that fits. Any of you recommending enell near that size?

@mirihawk I was formerly a size H and wore Enells at that size and they were fantastic. Before then I never found something that could properly support me and the Enell was like a revelation. I am down to a D now and still wear Enells because I haven't found anything close to as supportive.
  • luvmyboys525
    luvmyboys525 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40DD and I surprisingly found one at Target that is incredibly supportive!
  • Seatown_Gal
    Seatown_Gal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Moving Comfort, I believe I have the Maia. I tried VS and many others but they never gave me great support and they always gave me uni-boob. I got mine at REI and they are so worth the price to me.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD -- I usually always get VS sports bras. They have front clasp ones I'm in love with (because I hate squeezing into the ones with no clasps) and the way they're made I use them as a pocket for my phone! I sometimes go down a size depending on the sports bra but they have some with underwires that are padded so they're comfortable