Basketball fans!

Options
Blonde_bombshell20
Blonde_bombshell20 Posts: 12 Member
The Cavs and Warriors game....what do y'all think? :)

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I didn't find either team particularly likable. I have never been on the Steph Curry bandwagon, and his play in the Finals kind of validated that notion for me. Lebron is still great, but i'm not sure he could make this all about him under the guise of getting Cleveland a championship if he tried.

the series was exciting, but the individual games, until the last one, were pretty terrible. Since i don't have a dog in the fight, all i wanted was to see well contested games, and i didn't get that until last night.

people want to pin this on Green missing game 5, but a team with 73 wins should be able to not lose 3 in a row. But I would look at the Splash Brothers' lack of production and the improvement on defense for Cleveland. Irving and Love stepped up their games defensively and weren't the liability they were early on.

Overall, I am glad that Cleveland won. I like that they finally get an elusive championship, and to do it a) against a history making team and b) in history making fashion by coming back from 3-1 is special.

the end.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    As a lifelong Clevelander, I am ecstatic.

However it was a TEAM effort...not a LeBron effort. Without Kyrie's 3 at the end of last night's game, there is a good chance it would've ended how all important Cleveland sports games end.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    Enoug about the NBA, OP. Let's talk about you.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

However it was a TEAM effort...not a LeBron effort. Without Kyrie's 3 at the end of last night's game, there is a good chance it would've ended how all important Cleveland sports games end.

Whaat? Of course it was all LeBron if he hadn't gotten green suspended for the nutshot warriors would have kept the momentum going on game 5 lol

*eyeroll*
  • wolverine66
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

Whaat? Of course it was all LeBron if he hadn't gotten green suspended for the nutshot warriors would have kept the momentum going on game 5 lol

73 wins. More than any other in league history. And you're going to tell me that Green missing 1 game is the reason they lost 3 in a row? I'm not buying that.

Green took the bait. If he hadn't taken all those nut shots against Adams in the OKC series, he wouldn't have been suspended for this one. It was a cumulative effect.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    i am calm, although i didn't know it was a joke. people are actually making that argument. but oh well....

• 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Clevelander here, I'm so happy
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    and I'm happy it's over so the real sports can start again soon
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options