what would you consider playing on a slip n slide

Options
dmstacey
dmstacey Posts: 19 Member
edited June 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm trying to enter slip n slide as an exercise. Would it be considered the same as sledding? You run jump and slide on your belly.... I just put that I jogged for 15 min. I spent about an hour on it

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even log that.
  • dmstacey
    Options
    Well I did it as exercise with my kids we raced to the end.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You logged sliding on your belly as 15 minutes of jogging?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

Ditto. Count it as a bonus but I wouldn't log it.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

Same!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Just count it as regular daily activity and don't log it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    When we see you back here in a month asking why you're not losing weight, we'll know why.

Log it however you like, but if you're eating back calories from playing on a slip and slide, well...
  • dmstacey
    Options
    Ok, it kinda,just sucks lol. I skipped my workout and did that with the kids. I'll tell you what I feel like I worked out!
  • dmstacey
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    You logged sliding on your belly as 15 minutes of jogging?

Hey I was running around with the kids, you run to get momentum to slide. And it's like a reverse crunch, you either tighten your core or it hurt!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Its kinda like playing with the kids at the pool. Its not really continuous lap swimming, so I wouldn't log it. Are you being active, yes. Would you have done it before trying to lose weight? Probably... I didn't log cleaning house 6 hrs either, but I sure was tired after. And yes, it made me miss my workout, and I still ate a giant cheeseburger. Life happens and we just keep going:)
  • dmstacey
    Options
    I try to get creative with my exercise activities, and no I wouldn't have done this before losing weight. I would,have Sat and watched. I was too big and stiff and would have hurt myself or broken it.
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If logging 15 minutes of jogging gave you an extra 100 calories, it might not be too far off for an hour of active playing like that.

Depending on the age of the kids, the competitive running aspect could have been more than some of you seem to realize. :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just consider any calories burned as bonus work toward your weight loss goals. Don't try to log it. I climb on the jungle gym / monkey bars with my daughter all the time and would never think to log it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Just consider any calories burned as bonus work toward your weight loss goals. Don't try to log it. I climb on the jungle gym / monkey bars with my daughter all the time and would never think to log it.

Same. We take the kids to the waterslide and i don't log that, even though it's a few hours of climbing stairs.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    You can log it, the calories are minimal and won't make much difference anyways...BUT...if you find yourself logging things like this often, and are disappointed with the rate of loss each week, this may be one reason why. I try to UNDER estimate my calorie burns, and OVER estimate my food intake, that way I kind of narrow the margin of error. That way I'm never disappointed in my results.
  • dmstacey
    Options
    Yea, I don't log every little thing, I washed the dogs, clean the chicken coop, rake the yard, etc and don't log it. I also log things and still don't eat the calories. I just like to know what I have been doing for excercise.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    No sure how it's exactly Cardio or Strength.... https://youtube.com/watch?v=dC4q0Ybp4lY&feature=youtu.be[code]
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    dmstacey wrote: »
    I try to get creative with my exercise activities, and no I wouldn't have done this before losing weight. I would,have Sat and watched. I was too big and stiff and would have hurt myself or broken it.

And that's the most important thing right there. You played with the kids - I bet they had an awesome time and loved having their Mom join in on the fun.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    dmstacey wrote: »

And that's the most important thing right there. You played with the kids - I bet they had an awesome time and loved having their Mom join in on the fun.

Ditto! Sounds like your bummed that people wouldn't log this as exercise, but think of it as a victory in a different way. Your weight loss journey is about so much more than losing weight, it's about gaining confidence and getting more energy to play with your kids :)