Protein Bars for...

Options
Does anyone eat protein bars for breakfast? I know it's good to have protein included in breakfasts, but is a protein bar too much? Should I just stick with cereal or oatmeal and and egg for protein?

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast but if I do I have a protein bar. Typically the Clif Protein which have 20g each and maybe some Greek yogurt which also has a good amount of protein. It's definitely not too much for me
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat one. If you want it, eat it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to eat breakfast it's going to be a protein bar. I was something quick, filled with protein, and yummy. Cereal literally makes me more hungry after I finish it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want for breakfast. If extra protein helps fill you up and meet your protein goal, eat it. If you just like a protein bar for breakfast, eat it. If not, don't. There's no real rule about what should be in a breakfast. It's your overall diet that matters.
  • ericar21
    ericar21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i really like combat crunch bars. you can buy them at gnc. the birthday cake, cookies and cream, and cookie dough ones are the best. 20grams of protein and they fill me up.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat protein bars for breakfast? I know it's good to have protein included in breakfasts, but is a protein bar too much? Should I just stick with cereal or oatmeal and and egg for protein?

Good way to get protein, but some have like 20g of sugars. That is a lot of added sugar right off the hop.

Are you grabbing them for convenience? Time?