30 Day Shred Results after previous weight loss..

Options
palomapavlova
palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
edited June 2016 in Success Stories
I just completed the 30 Day Shred (after owning it for about 5 years lol) and thought I would share my results as I found seeing others successes really motivating. I did not do 30 consecutive days; it took me 43 days to complete. I hated Level 1, liked Level 2 and actually looked forward to it, and didn't mind Level 3 although it's a bit rough on the knees. I'm planning to start Ripped in 30 in a couple of days.

A little background: I'm 14 months post partum, 227lbs pre-pregnancy weight, 256lbs at 41 weeks and had a tiny 6lb baby so not a lot came off lol. I lost 60lbs prior to doing the shred using mfp, nursing and going for daily walks.

30 Day shred stats:
196lbs --> 186lbs
Chest -2"
Waist -2"
Hips -1"
Thighs -1" each
Calves -0.5" & -0.75"
Arms -1" each

Total -10lbs/-10.25"

...chickened out at keeping my photos up (because I'm in my undies), but my profile pic is a before/after of my results from the side.

Replies

• saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow great results!! I'm thinking of starting 30 day shred too
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • palomapavlova
    palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go sheymar2012! I definitely see a big difference. I need to get motivated...still haven't started ripped in 30 :/
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Great results!
  • pefal1
    pefal1 Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Awesome!!! I love 30 day shred!
  • megpotte12
    megpotte12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Did you take any rest days?
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    megpotte12 wrote: »
    Awesome! Did you take any rest days?

I wanted to know this too. I know it's in 30 days, but is that 30 consecutive days or are there rest days.
  • lilmichigander86
    lilmichigander86 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I believe you're supposed to do 30 consecutive days but if you allow yourself one rest day a week (for example Sundays) I don't think it matters much.. Just tack on that extra day to make sure you still get in exactly 30 work outs.

I did day 1 yesterday and although it kind of kicked my butt, knowing the video was "only" 30 min long kept me from giving up or slacking off. The neighbor probably hurt me grunting and moaning though :D
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm almost ten days into 30 day shred and liking it. My plan is for 3-4 rest days and I've been thinking about what to do once I finish. Did some of you just do it again for another thirty days or move onto something harder? Years ago I was doing p90x but i don't think I'm ready for that yet, and they were very long workouts. Having only a 30 min daily commitment has helped me to stick with it. I've seen done mention insanity it ripped in 30, etc. just wondering what I might do next.
  • mmmmaidservice
    mmmmaidservice Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just started the shred yesterday! Looking forward to seeing some results. I've also cut out sugar and I'm only eating 20 net carbs a day (with one cheat day a week).
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    I've owned this forever and every time I would start, the first workout would kick my butt and I wouldn't continue! I think I should give it another go! How did you log it for your exercise in MFP?
  • Sillybee727
    Options
    I've owned this forever and every time I would start, the first workout would kick my butt and I wouldn't continue! I think I should give it another go! How did you log it for your exercise in MFP?

I'm putting it down as 20 min of HIIT
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options

I'm putting it down as 20 min of HIIT

Thank you!!!! Tracking exercise is so tricky sometimes
  • Justdoitkelly
    Justdoitkelly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have had 30 day Shred for a while now too lol and finally started it this week. It is super challenging but I am hooked. I am alternating with Tae Bo Advanced. I am so blown away that 30 minutes of 30 day Shred can produce such great results. I already after one week can feel the muscles strenghtening in my body. I was run/walking for a while and did not lose a pound. I took personal inventory and realized I needed to have a look at my calorie intake so now am diligent in not going over my calorie intake and added 30 day Shred and have already lost 1 to 2 pounds. I finally feel like I am on the right track! Thanks for sharing all of your successes it really motivates me to stay disciplined and keep going.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow wonderful change. Same story as mine. Had it more than 5 years but now for first time i m determined to finish 30 days. I m doing currently day 8.
  • Sillybee727
    Options
    Started level two today. I guess I was ready for it as level one was getting easier but as soon as I tried level two I was back to pouring out sweat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!