Not getting enough Good Fats, suggestions?

Options
So because there are so many non-fat and fat-free choices around now a days I am finding it hard to get enough good fats in my diet! I do non-fat greek yogurt and non-fat milk etc etc etc....Any suggestions besides adding oil to dishes when cooking? Thank you in advance!!!

Replies

• Amanda993
    Amanda993 Posts: 51
    Options
    Avacados and nuts. :)
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    extra virgin hexane free coconut oil
    extra virgin first cold pressing olive oil
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER! <3
    My all time favorite thing in the world!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Flax Seed, Salmon

Not all together though!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Avacados and nuts. :)

This! I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to add oil to your cooking, but since you don't nuts or avacadoes are good choices.
  • 1fasteddie
    Options
    yes, eat avacado's they have really good fats in them...my nutritionist said I should eat one a day!!
  • SarahFauve
    Options
    Coconut! SO products are available many places. Also, just straight virgin cold compress coconut "oil" (it's just hard, white, raw coconut) that you could have a spoonful of each day.

http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/

Also, Chia seed, Mila, via Lifemax seems to be the best, most pure form of Chia also.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of avocado, nuts, and peanut butter. Usuall a serving of each every day...when I'm not screwing up lol
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    sprinkling of pine nuts go well in most meals as well
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Avacados are my best friend these days!!!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Nuts & sausage....
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Options
    I've upped my good fats (and protein) for the past few weeks, and have had amazing results...a little over 8lbs loss. The ones I love are: almonds, sunflower seeds, salmon, olive oil, cashews, pecans, avocados, organic/cage fee eggs with omega 3 (3 egg whites, 1.5 yolk), and even 2% or full fat milk & 2% greek yogurt. A little saturated fat isn't completely your enemy either. Fats are necessary in the diet, so eat up.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Flax Seed, Salmon

Not all together though!

Why not? Use ground flax and almonds, add a few spices and make crusted salmon! Yum!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil for breakfast almost every day. And yeah, avocado.
  • jea1668
    jea1668 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! i will definitely be using Tons of these suggestions!! :)
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Pistachios, Sardines.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    I've recently added avocados to my diet, but you have to be careful. They are high in calories and I didn't realize it when I was gorging them down. I worked out for two weeks and at my weigh in, I didn't lose a pound. Once I traced my steps, I realized it was the avocados! I still have them as a spread instead of mayo, but I personally wouldn't eat a whole one everyday.