Calorie counters

Options
I am going to go looking this weekend for something to buy. What brand do use? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? Is there any watch type item that tracks distance and calories

Replies

• jpeper1966
    jpeper1966 Posts: 79
    Options
    Do you mean heart rate monitor?
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You gotta mean HRM cause that is the most effective way to do that, get one WITH a chest strap, Polar is a popular brand
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if she meant HRMs. I have a Garmin, and it's pretty sweet, but it cost nearly 400 dollars. I only use it when I prepare for marathons.
  • 916SAC
    916SAC Posts: 39
    Options
    I just bought one at Wal-Mart called a SportLine, it counts steps, miles, and calories burned. I have only used it once, but for the $7 I spent, it seems to be worth it.
  • 916SAC
    916SAC Posts: 39
    Options
    And I think she is talking about a pedometer?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    She could mean a pedometer but there are also HRM's that track distance and calories burned(a heads up that they cost a bit!).

I have a Polar FT7, and it comes with a chest strap and tracks calories burned. It's also on the more accurate side of calorie counting HRMs.

Most important thing you are looking for is one that has a chest strap and lets you enter your age, sex, weight and height. Stay away from the watch only ones.. they are not accurate at all.
  • KotyTyler
    KotyTyler Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    I would suggest the Fitbit. www.fibit.com Take a look at it and see if it works for you. You can input your food and also logs your exercise even in daily steps. It clips on to your waist band and you even sleep with it at night. It's less bulky than the body bugg that you strap onto your arm. Lots of good suggestions for you here, but I don't know if it will be a shop and get it type of thing in the long run for you. Just a suggestion.