I could use some motivation, or a slap, right now....

Options
So tomorrow is the first time I'm leaving the house since starting MFP on Wednesday night. All in all, I'm comfortable with eating out (I've got stuff to do and will need to grab lunch in town), I know places where I can get healthy choices etc.

But, as though the advertising people knew my plan and were taunting me, they've released an ad for the Drifter McFlurry at McDonalds.

I'm really, really, really craving one, and there's a McDonalds in town.

Help! Please, come and motivate me away from that! I KNOW it's bad for me but, I really want one!

Replies

• Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just think how much you'll regret it once it's gone. You can resist. You are strong :smile:
  • rddeppy
    rddeppy Posts: 44
    Options
    You are stronger than the mcflurry! Maybe instead of stopping for that eat a healthy lunch out but stop by the store on the way home and buy a single serving of weight watchers or skinny cow ice cream. You know youre eating the right portion size but youre not depriving yourself.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    it won't give you energy. just regret. either you control it, or it controls you.

(I'm still learning this myself)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    *whap, whap, whap whap whap* DON'T YOU DO IT!!!!!!!!! :mad:

(you said you needed a slap so I gave you five in case the first four weren't very effective...)
  • Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm having a hard day too. Not so much with food but overall energy. Try to remember the feeling of guilt you get once you're done eating something you know will not be good for you. I have my days and believe me I know it's easier said than done but YOU CAN DO IT!
  • stephalexander22
    stephalexander22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    McFlurries taste like poision! Yucky! Go grab a skinny cow bar from sobeys, they even have mini icecream cups like ben and jerrys but theyre only 130 calories!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Either think of the regret you'll have after, or only get a small! (and share if you can). Or find a substitute.
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I tried a bit of my son's Drifter McFlurry - it's disgusting, tastes yucky!!!!! Don't bother with it! :wink:
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    SLAP!!! SNAP OUTTA OF IT!!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Look up the calorie count (automatic turnoff!) I wanted a double stuffed sonic oreo blast but a small one would have taken up all my calories! so my bf got one and i had a bite :)
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I heard it tastes like dog food. :laugh:

You can find a better choice to enjoy! Be strong.
  • Amanda993
    Amanda993 Posts: 51
    Options
    Come up with something healthy to crave instead. Like trail mix and a hike... or whatever works for you that you can get excited about!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    it is probably NOT worth it!!!!
    you can say NO!
    good luck!!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's all you can think about right now, and then after you eat it, all you'll be thinking about is why you shouldn't have eaten it.

That's the way it works. :(
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    When i think I want something like that, I look up the nutritional info and decide if it's really worth it or not.
    I saw the Rolo McFlurry while going through the drive thru for a small cone the other day and boy did it look good! Just looked it up and found out that it's 700 calories for a 12 oz! Nope, that's never gonna happen! I'd much rather stick to my small cone - feels like a splurge but it's only 150 calories.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    If you absolutely must have it, get the snack size, have 2 or max 3 bites and THROW IT AWAY!!!!! You must not feel bad about throwing it in the bin either, your body is not a garbage can after all:)
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I wish we had Skinny Cow ice cream, but I've never seen it in a UK supermarket :( Sounds nice though :)

I think I just found the thing I needed to stop me: I can get a good sized meal for the same amount of calories in one of those things! Think the choice has been made!

I. Will. Not. Give. In.
  • expansion99
    Options
    count how many calories it has and they just remember the results, while u r @ MCD!!
  • ktshealth
    ktshealth Posts: 21
    Options
    do you know that a small one runs from 320 calories to 620 calories depending on the kind you get? Not good.:sad:
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I always try to pre-plan stuff like this when I think I'll be tempted. Most of the time, if I can see just how bad something is for me, I'm a lot less interested and more willing to find an alternative.

So crunch the numbers on your ice cream treat options:

A tiny snack size McFlurry ranges from 180 calories with 4g fat (for ice cream only - no mix-ins!) to 340-410 calories and 13-19g of fat when you add mix-ins.

A Skinny Cow chocolate truffle ice cream bar (these are AWESOME, I have a box in my freezer) is only 100 calories with 3g fat.

Make it through your day without a McFlurry and grab a box of something Skinny Cow on the way home - you'll get your ice cream treat and you won't feel guilty about it later. Win-win!