Chocolate leave me alone..I need to get healthy again

Options
Amrik10
Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
New to this app. So need some friends to get this show on the road and get healthy and feel good again. Add me amigo's ☺

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Chocolate has no will, but you have. So it's your decision to eat chocolate or not eat chocolate. You can even eat chocolate and be healthy, if you want to.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday it is your friend
  • Amrik10
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I agree you can still be healthy and have chocolate. All down to will power. Thanks for your replies
  • Glitterwinds
    Glitterwinds Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Moderation is important too! You can have some chocolate, but not a lot. Good luck! :)
  • chickarina24
    chickarina24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mmmm chocolate, it calls me too. I hate that. You can do this!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

:D

Buy dark chocolate 70% or more and portion control

Chocolate is good for us hun and our mental state, so the higher concentration the less required by the body to get the effect.

Good luck
  • Amrik10
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have done well so far without even going down the sweet aisle. Chocolate should be banned it's a drug lol
  • Amrik10
    Options
    Hi, I will go out and see if I can find some dark chocolate that I like . I tried some before and just didn't like the taste. Thanks for the advice
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Try a smaller company. They are usually more expensive but to me are more enjoyable. One row is all I need for a chocolate fix then.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was under my calorie target and under my sodium target. I was over my sugar target. That's actually rare. One of the bits of sugar I had was a piece of chocolate. You can fit a little bit of chocolate on a low calorie plan.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was under my calorie target and under my sodium target. I was over my sugar target. That's actually rare. One of the bits of sugar I had was a piece of chocolate. You can fit a little bit of chocolate on a low calorie plan.

I don't even track sugar because I have no medical reason to. I already track carbs, so I swapped the sugar option in my diary to tracking fibre instead.

I allow treats like chocolate into my calorie budget every day. For me, denying myself something I love is a sure fire road to failure. :)
  • leilaaitch
    leilaaitch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day, it's my "thank goodness the kids are asleep" treat ! Fun size packs are great and most are well under 100cals it doesn't need to be loads just savour every bite x
  • Amrik10
    Options
    I agree those snack size bites are a good nibble. I have not had any chocolate for just over 2 wks. Think I will buy those snack size packs and they can be my Thank Goodness for chocolate
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Love chocolate. Love desserts. The beauty of MFP is there are no forbidden foods. Counting calories works. I factor in desserts and all the foods that I love.
  • Amrik10
    Options
    So true. You can enjoy all the things we love in moderations as long as we stick to the calories.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Real chocolate isn't so bad..Its over eating the processed chocolate that's bad but i usually eat whatever I want within calorie limits including stuff that is considered bad for us like cupcakes,pizza and pasta. But thankfully I've lost 10 pounds but cutting calories and exercising. Www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com has recipes that can help you eat healthier lower calorie desserts,lunches and snacks without sacrificing chocolate in your diet plan. I incorporate her recipes when I have a sweet tooth but want to stay on track or I'm low on calories
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm a chips kinda girl but I feel you. Enjoy but don't overindulge is the key! I think. WTF do I know since I still need to lose weight :)
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    h7qjakc1l06h.jpeg
    Today's breakfast
  • Amrik10
    Options
    That's a great breakfast to start the day.
  • TasiaD28
    TasiaD28 Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    leilaaitch wrote: »
    I eat chocolate every day, it's my "thank goodness the kids are asleep" treat ! Fun size packs are great and most are well under 100cals it doesn't need to be loads just savour every bite x

Oh my word!!! That's when I'll have a bit of some chocolate too lol!! I love the Ghirardelli 80% dark chocolate. It's one of my main weaknesses!! Along with ice cream and most other not so good foods! I soooo look forward to my cheat days every week :smile: I must admit, though, that on some days, when my kids have been especially crazy, I might indulge just a little!