So I just tried on my prom dress

Options
The prom is on Wednesday next week; so in less than a week.

The dress is too big from where I've lost 30 some thing pounds! Which is brilliant but the dress now looks ridiculous, so I need to get it taken in at the top which is a bummer.

My mum is also saying that she thinks I should stop losing weight and start maintaining it instead, so I just switched my setting to 'maintain my weight' and all of a sudden I can eat almost 2000 calories! I've been on 1200 since January!

I already ate most of my cals for today but now I've switched I have like nearly 600 left and I just don't have an appetite on me right now. The idea of eating more is making me feel kind of ill, which is really weird.

Does any one know how long it'll take me to get my appetite back up? I cannot afford to lose any more weight or I'll look stupid at my own prom! :(

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Just increase slowly until you stop losing. Don't shock the body!

Congrats and getting to goal and have a great prom!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, add an extra 100-200 cals a week or 10 days until your up to your total. Going to quickly is a shock to the body.
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,

you need to go easy with it, otherwise you`ll shock your body and throw your metabolism off. If you`re working out, try and slow it down and up your cals.

Best of luck, I bet you`ll look fantastic at the prom!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It takes practise to eat back at maintenance. I've not done it yet, but my plan is to eat slightly larger meals through the day, and slightly more snacks. So I'll be adding things like pine nuts to my food, snacking on more nuts and raisins etc through the day, a little bit of cheese, another piece of fruit. It'll add up pretty quickly I think.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    congrats, same thing happened to my wedding dress, had to be taken in...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I found it really hard to find my maintenance calories and they turned out to be around 2300 or so. I'd say build quite slowly, but, if you really want to stop losing, you might find 100 kcals extra per DAY is better.

I finally left my calories at 2250, although I think my maintenance is a little higher, and eat over it when I want to. If the weight seems to be creeping up again, keeping to 2250 seems to be a good amount to stabilise or slowly lose a little.
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Al the advice everyone else had was great. Just do not up your calories and stop exercising or you will be right back where you started. Good luck and enjoy the prom!!!