Morning person or night owl

Options
kate141987
kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
I'm actually looking for advice to sort my sleep pattern out been a classic night owl for a while and it's now affecting my day..... Want to switch to a cheery morning person. Aside from getting to bed early any advice?

Replies

• kate141987
    Options
    It's cool, I just googled it lol
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Have you seen those sad boxes? They are meant to help gradually wake you up in a good mood
  • kate141987
    Options
    I just had a wee look at them the now, they look good but a bit outside my price range got myself a radio alarm clock today, cos iv completely stopped hearing the alarm I set on my phone sleep right through it
  • amanda000002014
    amanda000002014 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am not a morning person until I get my body moving. Generally I feel pretty tired and so I must get my body moving. I have daily chores I want to get done I start there, after task I exercise. I feel pretty good after words, well I feel functional. I can't keep my self awake past 12a so I can say yes I am a morning person but that doesn't mean the bluebirds are happy to see me; not at least until I get my self moving where then I am in a better mood.
  • lilbitmeme
    lilbitmeme Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Morning!!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'm neither....I gogogo from the minute I wake up, till I finally finish my million things and drop into bed early-ish..but I'm almost always tired..lol!
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm a total night owl. Like I can get 4 hours of sleep, be a zombie all day long, and once the sun goes down I'm wide awake and ready to go. It's quite annoying sometimes.
  • Ginger_28
    Ginger_28 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Morning person.
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to be a night owl but since I've switched to fruit/veggie smoothies in the morning (and lunch) I've become a morning person. I would suggest trying a raw diet and getting at least 4 hours of REM sleep. For me, those 2 changes morphed me into a morning person :)
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, so I'm at 5:30 every morning. Usually, repeating "I hate my job" (I don't really, though) over and over gets me going. Then angrily battling bad traffic wakes me up more. There's a happy little rush of adrenaline you can get from being side-swiped by a minibus. I spend about 30 minutes after I get to work staring blankly into space as I answer 50,000 student questions. After the staring blankly, though, I wake up. It's all about being as grumpy as possible in the morning, obviously.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Night owl all the way
  • marshy5365
    marshy5365 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a Night Owl. I do get my 7-8 hours of sleep though. I walk for 30 minutes a day. I feel great!
  • kate141987
    Options
    Read a book on applied thermodynamics.

Or AHM Jones' agriculture economics in the late Roman empire.

Think this may work lol
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Both. Im a happy person in the morning and I love staying up at night. There's something about the morning sun and breeze and something about the moonlight and breeze that I love.
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    im miserable in mornings but a night owl at night lol...

• Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Read a book on applied thermodynamics.

Or AHM Jones' agriculture economics in the late Roman empire.

That would actually keep me awake. I can't remember the last time I got sleepy reading a book.
    futureicon wrote: »
    I'm a total night owl. Like I can get 4 hours of sleep, be a zombie all day long, and once the sun goes down I'm wide awake and ready to go. It's quite annoying sometimes.

This is me. It really is annoying.
  • kate141987
    Options
    Think if it was sunny every morning that would make a huge difference, it's hard to get out of bed when it's grey n miserable outside but I guess il just have to embrace the horrible Glasgow weather cos it ain't going anywhere, how I wish I was in Spain....
  • happyracer2002
    happyracer2002 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Morning
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Both! :)