Calling all big chested ladies....what is a good sports bra???

Options

Replies

• jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    When you find out lemme know.... so far I go with ducktape over my bra. Lol
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love my Under Armor bras! Well worth every penny.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Currently I have a Berlei Electify and Triumph Triaction. Both 16DD (Aussie sizes, looks like that's about 38DD US size) though they each fit a bit differently. The Berlei was dirt cheap last week - about AUD40 on sale (USD30-ish).

I can't imagine buying them online though, they have to fit just right. I spend about 40 minutes in the fitting room at Myer last weekend with a bra-lady bringing me multiple options and poking and prodding and tut-tutting at my uneven boobs! Each time she went out I was jogging and jumping up and down on the spot to see how much jiggling went on, and work out which one minimised it the best.

If you don't have any choice but to buy online, I think you would just have to make sure that wherever you buy it from has a good returns policy and if you find one you like, keep the details so you buy it again next time.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 30FF and it's the Panache Ultimate Sports Bra for me - most secure and flattering sports bra I've ever owned. And I've tried a fair few!
  • shopp17
    shopp17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The best I have used is a Swedish brand called Swegmark. Swegmark Courage Cool max. Or Shock Absorber also has a great selection of sports bras with different levels of control for sports.
  • aimesuk
    aimesuk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34HH and have an amazing Elomi one. Fairly sure your sizing is different to the uk though.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm 30FF and it's the Panache Ultimate Sports Bra for me - most secure and flattering sports bra I've ever owned. And I've tried a fair few!

I second this one, 34G here.
  • infjd247
    infjd247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    32H and I like the Wacoal brand. I buy them online at Macy's, Nordstrom and Bare Necessities (http://www.barenecessities.com/Sports-Bras-Bras_catalog_nxs,31,style,12064.htm) when they're on sale. They're pricey, yes, but they're amazing and they last.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So ladies I love the suggestion but boobs are different on every women if you're doing it online you'll have to buy 3 or 4 possibly more and return the ones that don't fit. I'm a 34 D and Victoria Secret Dream angels are my favorite push up but sometimes the fit is different in even the same line this applies to sorts bras too. It might be embarrassing but you really need to try before you buy and get professionally sized go with someone so you're not embarrassed that's what helped me I had been wearing 40B when 34D is far more fitted and comfy. Also 1 good sports bra is worth more than 10 ones that don't work.
  • MrsPadrona
    MrsPadrona Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant/Cacique has some great support in their sports bras.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I like Freya and Elomi. I started out a 36HH. Currently a 32GG.
  • Hoooooooooo
    Hoooooooooo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber are the best bras
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorbers are my favourite - but not the zip up ones, they're abit looser. I've always struggled with pains in my chest when running from not having a decent sports bra, i've had no problems at all since using shock absorber.
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sock absorber ultimate run bra
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Finally a post I am qualified to answer! I am 38-40 DDD, and the only sports bra I found that actually works, which I found a few years ago, is from Moving Comfort. I had to order from Amazon. The one I bought is style number 350025. I ordered my usual bra size and it worked out fine. In addition to the fact it was the only bra I have found that allows me to do any exercise no matter how "bouncy" it is, with total support, I also really like that it has adjustable straps (velcros) adjustable from the FRONT. This allows you to control a lot of the amount of support you need depending on what you ar doing really easily.
    I am not a runner but this is the only bra in which I could imagine running in.
    And now that I am looking at the label I see they have a web site too.
    I bought this based mainly on a lot of Amazon reviews online and was skeptical but this one worked out for me.
    I remember when I was doing research on this that Moving Comfort bras kept coming up again and again for large chested girls.
    Good luck and let us know what you ended up buying!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I like moving comfort, but best bet is to order someplace with free returns (Amazon, Nordstrom, Zappos, etc.) and try a bunch, return what you don't like.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    If you're a 40DD, look for one called Champion All-Out Wirefree on Amazon. Great support and only $22. Other favorites of mine include the Goddess sports bra and one called Anita Extreme Control, but they are more expensive. I like Moving Comfort Fiona too.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    If in the US... Go to running store. Try on Maia. Done.
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38H and I haven't found one yet :(
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    38DD here. New Balance Shockingly Unshocking bra. I own 5 of them! ~$50 on Amazon, but I was fitted in a local running store and bought my first two there for $56 each. I've tried others, including Moving Comfort, but always go back to the Shockingly Unshocking.