Interesting documentary on diets and the government

Options
Hey everyone! Being on a diet for me is tough...I can imagine it's the same for everyone. I just watched this really interesting documentary called 'Fat Head' on diets and the government and I wanted to share it with everyone. I thought it was appropriate because it contains some interesting info on the science behind dieting and shows you why certain things work and don't. The film maker also talks about the Morgan Spurlock documentary 'Super Size Me'. I saw 'Super Size Me' and I am very interested in the differences in the science and reporting between the two documentaries. Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of the documentary. I want everyone to express their opinion whether negative or positive. It taught me a thing or two about dieting that hopefully will help me in the future with my weight loss plans.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head

Enjoy,
Meri

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    seen it! enjoyed it!
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I loved this documentary, I have actually corresponded with the Tom McNaughton, the film maker, a great guy. The documentary really opens your eyes. Just by reading the topic on the board, I knew it was about Fathead.
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    his wife was ugly and annoying. LOL
  • penguinfan03
    penguinfan03 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Loved it. That may be because 'Super Size Me' left me more annoyed than anything and I enjoyed seeing someone poke fun at it. And I very much enjoy the common sense aspect of the argument this piece makes.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info - I"m half way through viewing it. Will follow up when done.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    Options
    I just finished watching it and I thought it was pretty good. I especially enjoyed the "common sense" approach and really wish the government would butt out of everything and let people make their own choices. I was just diagnosed with the whole insulin resistance/diabetes thing last year and every nutritionist I've seen has given me the whole grains/ low fat speech, with lots of fiber and whole grains. I was considering cutting the carbs to below 100 and see what happens. I found it rather telling that Morgan Spurlock wouldn't release his food diary of his 30 day fast food adventure. My favorite quote was, The only saving grace of gov't is that it's incompetent and they can't carry out what they set out to do.
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    OMG saw it recently and makes absolute sense to me. I've told some of my diet buddies about it too. That's why you'll see the occasional diet no-no's on my diary (e.g. Oreos) and I'm still progressing well. No deprivation for me, it's all about moderation & exercise.