Gain 15 kg in 4 months

Options
Hi im new in this forum. I want to gain 15-20kg weight plus i will work hard in gym. I was always skinny guy from beginning no matter how much i eat.
Current height 5f8'
Age 23
Weight 55kg

Please suggest me guyz

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So you want gain 33-44 lbs in 4 months. That is roughly 10 lbs a month, which means you are going to need a calorie surplus of about 1250 calories a day.
  • ashishmusicboy
    ashishmusicboy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And what does that mean? Can you please write in plain English as it is my 2nd language. Thanks
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to gain muscle? If so, you are definitely going to have to work hard in the gym. If you are the kind of guy to lose weight quite easily, I suggest doing very little cardio if you enjoy cardio. You don't want to make it harder for you to gain by burning too many calories.

Start off by finding out your TDEE, which is the amount of calories you burn on a day to day basis, determined by your weight, height, gender, and activity level.

If for example, your TDEE is 2000. This is the amount of calories you would need to eat daily to maintain your weight.

If you wanted to gain weight, you would need to consume more calories than your TDEE. A 1lb of weight is equal to 3500 calories. Now you don't want to eat 3500 calories extra on top of your TDEE in a day. You would spread it out throughout the week, 3500 / 7 is 500 calories extra per day.

Now, that's only to gain 1lb a week. Your looking at roughly gaining a minimum of 2lb a week. I wouldn't gain anymore than that because you will be gaining a lot more fat than muscle. You can only gain a certain amount of muscle during such a short period of time.

So for you, you would have to eat an extra 1000 calories on top of your maintenance calories a day to gain 2lb a week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    And what does that mean? Can you please write in plain English as it is my 2nd language. Thanks

In simple terms. Figure out how many calories you maintain at. And add in 1250 calories on top of that number. I maintain at 3000 calories. If I want to gain at the level you want, I would need to eat 4250 calories daily or more.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi im new in this forum. I want to gain 15-20kg weight plus i will work hard in gym. I was always skinny guy from beginning no matter how much i eat.
    Current height 5f8'
    Age 23
    Weight 55kg

Please suggest me guyz

Hi there,

You are underweight, so I appreciate your desire to gain weight. The poster above me gave some good advice to which I will repeat: Go on google and calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) - this takes into account your age, height, sex, weight, activity level, etc. The TDEE will tell you how many calories you need to eat to maintain weight. To gain weight, you need to eat more calories than your TDEE.

Scientifically, 3500 calories = 1 lb. So if you break this down, you need to eat your TDEE plus 500 more calories to gain 1lb a week, or 4lbs a month.

Because you are underweight, you can do a more aggressive goal at TDEE plus 1000 calories = +2lbs per week = +8lbs per month. After 1 to 2 months of this, go down to TDEE plus 500 calories for slow and steady weight gain. This is because if you gain too fast, you will gain too much fat and you won't be happy.

Be sure to buy a food scale and weight and log EVERYTHING YOU EAT!! Skinny people tend to overestimate how much food they eat. Foods that will help you gain weight are: whole fat milk, olive oil, almond/peanut butter, snacking on nuts, etc. You can make smoothies to help drink more calories as well (blend milk, peanut butter, olive oil, chocolate protein, a banana together and you get a 500 to 700 calorie drink).

During this eating at a surplus (also known as a bulk), I HIGHLY suggest you lift weights if you do not already. Find a good lifting program made for novices and follow it while eating on a surplus - the best muscle gains are made during this time. Do not make your own program. As a novice, you don't know how to design one yet. Follow a tried and tested program that many people benefited from in the past. They are:

Strong Lifts, Starting Strength, ICF 5x5, PPLPPLx for beginners, etc. All of these will build great amounts of strength and muscle in the shortest amount of time.

Cheers my friend, and remember consistency wins the race.
  • amitshimon396
    amitshimon396 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No one can add 40 lbs of muscle in 4 months without roids you eat liked that and your going to add fat