Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Morning person or night owl

kate141987
kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
I'm actually looking for advice to sort my sleep pattern out been a classic night owl for a while and it's now affecting my day..... Want to switch to a cheery morning person. Aside from getting to bed early any advice?

Replies

• kate141987
    It's cool, I just googled it lol
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Have you seen those sad boxes? They are meant to help gradually wake you up in a good mood
  • kate141987
    I just had a wee look at them the now, they look good but a bit outside my price range got myself a radio alarm clock today, cos iv completely stopped hearing the alarm I set on my phone sleep right through it
  • amanda000002014
    amanda000002014 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am not a morning person until I get my body moving. Generally I feel pretty tired and so I must get my body moving. I have daily chores I want to get done I start there, after task I exercise. I feel pretty good after words, well I feel functional. I can't keep my self awake past 12a so I can say yes I am a morning person but that doesn't mean the bluebirds are happy to see me; not at least until I get my self moving where then I am in a better mood.
  • lilbitmeme
    lilbitmeme Posts: 89 Member
    Morning!!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    I'm neither....I gogogo from the minute I wake up, till I finally finish my million things and drop into bed early-ish..but I'm almost always tired..lol!
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    I'm a total night owl. Like I can get 4 hours of sleep, be a zombie all day long, and once the sun goes down I'm wide awake and ready to go. It's quite annoying sometimes.
  • Ginger_28
    Ginger_28 Posts: 284 Member
    Morning person.
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    I used to be a night owl but since I've switched to fruit/veggie smoothies in the morning (and lunch) I've become a morning person. I would suggest trying a raw diet and getting at least 4 hours of REM sleep. For me, those 2 changes morphed me into a morning person :)
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    I'm a teacher, so I'm at 5:30 every morning. Usually, repeating "I hate my job" (I don't really, though) over and over gets me going. Then angrily battling bad traffic wakes me up more. There's a happy little rush of adrenaline you can get from being side-swiped by a minibus. I spend about 30 minutes after I get to work staring blankly into space as I answer 50,000 student questions. After the staring blankly, though, I wake up. It's all about being as grumpy as possible in the morning, obviously.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Night owl all the way
  • marshy5365
    marshy5365 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a Night Owl. I do get my 7-8 hours of sleep though. I walk for 30 minutes a day. I feel great!
  • kate141987
    Read a book on applied thermodynamics.

Or AHM Jones' agriculture economics in the late Roman empire.

Think this may work lol
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Both. Im a happy person in the morning and I love staying up at night. There's something about the morning sun and breeze and something about the moonlight and breeze that I love.
  • honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    im miserable in mornings but a night owl at night lol...

• Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Read a book on applied thermodynamics.

Or AHM Jones' agriculture economics in the late Roman empire.

That would actually keep me awake. I can't remember the last time I got sleepy reading a book.
    futureicon wrote: »
    I'm a total night owl. Like I can get 4 hours of sleep, be a zombie all day long, and once the sun goes down I'm wide awake and ready to go. It's quite annoying sometimes.

This is me. It really is annoying.
  • kate141987
    Think if it was sunny every morning that would make a huge difference, it's hard to get out of bed when it's grey n miserable outside but I guess il just have to embrace the horrible Glasgow weather cos it ain't going anywhere, how I wish I was in Spain....
  • happyracer2002
    happyracer2002 Posts: 14 Member
    Morning
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Both! :)
  • spiritbrat
    spiritbrat Posts: 80 Member
    Total morning person! My favorite time of the day!