Proper Logging?

Options
Hello all my friends, I am not sure this is in the right section but I am starting over. With new motivations, new goals and an actual End goal! However I have a question.. I plan on doing the Ideal ShapeUp 12 week challenge and whatnot. My question is HOW would I log that in the exercise tab since there is so much cardio and weight lifting and combo moves I don't know how to track it... thoughts? Ideas? Answers? Please let me know!!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't log my exercise at all. For me, there is no reason to since I don't eat back exercise calories.
    Opinion: Losing weight is 90% eating right. Exercise for your health.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't log exercise. I consider exercise a bonus. Eat a slight deficient and if I work in exercise it's a "helper". I don't need to report it...
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Think of exercise for it's fitness benefits, not an excuse to eat more calories.

If you must, go to the exercise page and pick a cardio exercise that seems close to what you do (walking, running etc.) and give yourself 100 calories. You don't have to take the calories they fill in for you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first 2 posters. It's hard enough to make sure you're using the proper food entries when weighing and logging your meals. No sense making it even harder trying to figure out exercise calorie burns.

Just be as active as you can and that is healthy for you and make sure your diet is on track.
  • Rosefern1
    Rosefern1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you know how many calories you burned or can estimate your calorie burn (such as if you wear a fitbit), select to add exercise, select cardio, scroll all the way to the bottom and select create new exercise.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I eat my exercise, otherwise I'd be undereating and risking my health. I lose exactly as I should and fuel my workouts properly.

I'm sure there are some entries you could use as a ballpark, even the general aerobics entries. And then just don't eat all of those calories back, 50% to begin with. You can track progress and make adjustments as needed.

If using MFP as designed, you're supposed to eat your calories or you risk, as in my case, having an over-aggressive deficit.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I always log my exercise. It's a great way for me to see how well I'm doing :) I like my personal kudos.

I don't always eat back my exercise calories but if I'm feeling peckish at 8pm, I'm going to have a few crackers & pb so I'm not pigging out on something else.

Just me :)