New mama with baby weight to lose... Anyone else??

Options
lubaker505
lubaker505 Posts: 1 Member
Hello all! I had my sweet bundle of joy 3 weeks ago. During the pregnancy I gained 55lb :# At this point I've lost all water/puffiness/andwhatnot, and I'm left with 25lbs to lose. I am exclusively breastfeeding so I'm easing into it so I don't hurt my supply.

This is my second child, with my 1st one I gained 50lbs, which I slowly lost in a little less than I year. I followed the Les Mills Pump home workout program with really good results. This time I want to do it again, but also try new things.

I moved to Hong Kong from the US a year and a half ago.

Any other new mamas out there with some leftover baggage???

Cheers!!

Lulu

Replies

• becky7329
    becky7329 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi lulu,

yes me!

I have a 6 week old and I'm also exclusively breastfeeding.

I didn't put on much weight whilst pregnant so only have 4lb to lose to get to my pre pregnancy weight, but..... I already had plenty to lose before my pregnancy!!!
    I've also developed huge cravings for cake and chocolate whilst breastfeeding so it's time to start eating healthier and exercising.

I'm in the UK.

Good luck with it all

Becky x

• erikah0413
    erikah0413 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here! I had my baby boy on 5/19 and gained 37 lbs but wanted to lose some weight before I got pregnant. I've got about 30 lbs I'd like to lose!
  • bwendel5210
    bwendel5210 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Baby boy will be 11 months on Thursday! He's BF'd with solids. I gained 46 with him, lost 20 immediately, and then gained 40 while I was on leave. I had to do LowCarb to get pregnant (insulin resistant/PCOS) and I'm back on low carb so we can (hopefully) add another little to our family!
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    lubaker505 wrote: »
    Hello all! I had my sweet bundle of joy 3 weeks ago. During the pregnancy I gained 55lb :# At this point I've lost all water/puffiness/andwhatnot, and I'm left with 25lbs to lose. I am exclusively breastfeeding so I'm easing into it so I don't hurt my supply.

This is my second child, with my 1st one I gained 50lbs, which I slowly lost in a little less than I year. I followed the Les Mills Pump home workout program with really good results. This time I want to do it again, but also try new things.

I moved to Hong Kong from the US a year and a half ago.

Any other new mamas out there with some leftover baggage???

Cheers!!

Lulu

Hey Lulu,

I had my second pregnancy, baby girl, 3 months ago. I gained about 56 lbs. My first pregnancy I had twins. I didn't gain so much there. I now have more hips and thighs than ever before.
  • hairfreak24
    hairfreak24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 month old and today is day 2 on my diet. I'm breastfeeding as well. My husband has agreed to eat healthier with me so it's not so hard. And so far , I know just 2 days, but they seems to make it easier us doing it together. We are going to the beach in a few months so that's my extra motivation too, good luck everyone! And congrats on our sweet babies :)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 month old. 50 down, 20 to go. Feel free to add me!
  • paintpastelprincess86
    paintpastelprincess86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there lulu,

Congrats on the new baby! I had my first baby 8 weeks ago and now I am left with 50lbs. to lose! It really isn't baby weight though, it is my own fault for the gain.

I am exclusively breast feeding as well, so I have only started eating healthier, but plan on slowly putting myself on a deficit, but nothing too aggressive because I don't want to affect the milk supply as well (baby comes first!).

Please anyone, just shoot me a friend request!

Brenna
  • nicky_pinky
    nicky_pinky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi lulu

Congrats on your sweet baby, I had my 4th baby by c-section 9 weeks ago I never gained any weight while pregnant however I was about 4 stone over weight from my previous babies, IV been trying to eat healthier the past few weeks but breastfeeding I find it so hard to resist having a biscuit or carbs during the day
  • corona214
    corona214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi lulu,

Congratulations on the new baby. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding my 10mo & looking to lose at least 20lbs. I have been eating healthy thus far to avoid my milk supply from declining but am ready since she's eating solids. Feel free to send me a request & I'll gladly offer support. My friends list is still growing so if any of you lovely ladies are looking for support pls send me a request. Thanks all!

Joanna
  • janeenleah
    janeenleah Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Lulu and all mommies!
    I've got a 10 week old and recovering from an emergency c-section. Im very interested in a support group, especially those looking to safely lose weight while breastfeeding. I have 20-30 lbs. to lose.
    Thanks!
    Janeen
  • xerinanova
    xerinanova Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a super new mom but with my second pregnancy I gained roughly 55 lbs as well (daughter is 9 months old and I've only lost 10 lbs thus far) so looking at 45 at least to lose
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    WW allows an extra 500 cal for breastfeeding moms, so that might be a good guideline to follow when you set your food goals.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My daughter turns 11 months on Thursday, and I have been exclusively breastfeeding (and pumping while away from her) the whole time. I lost all my baby weight when I was on maternity leave for 12 weeks, but then gained it all back after I started working again. I am struggling so much. I'm also slowly easing off the pumping and I haven't nursed her in about 3 weeks... Hopefully once I'm done pumping, I can drop this weight again.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Me! I have 2 girls, a 13 month old and a 2 month old! I'm looking to lose about 60 pounds to be at my ideal weight.