Any BBG girls?

Options
Hi everyone!
I've just started using this app. I've been working extremely hard and haven't lost any weight. I also do BBG, does anyone else do the program?!

Feel free to connect!

Replies

• cgallo2015
    cgallo2015 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm doing it too!!! I did the pre-training and am now in week 2! I finally feel like I'm seeing results, which is awesome :)
    How's it going for you?
  • christihumphries
    christihumphries Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing BGG! Could you give an honest review of the plan? ☺
  • pdadhich721
    pdadhich721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cgallo2015 wrote: »
    I'm doing it too!!! I did the pre-training and am now in week 2! I finally feel like I'm seeing results, which is awesome :)
    How's it going for you?

Yay! And it's been okay, im on week 4. I've started and restarted it so many times but I'm determined to finish it this time around!!!

Sometimes I can only do the circuit once though in the 7 minutes :(
  • pdadhich721
    pdadhich721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about doing BGG! Could you give an honest review of the plan? ☺

Sure! So basically it's a 12 week guide where it gives you circuit training to do MWF, and then you're expected to do cardio T/Th. There's a 4 week pre training for people just starting out. I did the pre training and it helps a lot! Overall, it's definitely really difficult work outs, but it challenges your body so that's why you're not really suppose to plateau in the 12 weeks. The results are really based on yourself and the stamina. You are suppose to finish the circuit as many times as you can in 7 minutes, most of the time I can only get through it once but I'm still sweating like crazy

I never really saw results from cardio or machines so I personally really like it. And there's a HUGE community of women who do it if you just search #bbg on IG, or and even search for ur city. So if you're from NYC, you can search #bbgnewyork or something like that!

There's also nutrition guides, and it gives you what to eat for 2 weeks with a lot of other information but I personally didn't think it was worth the money for the food guide

• AbbyGary
    AbbyGary Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found the guides online (free pdf) and did W1D1,2,3,4 about a month ago and I was sore for about a week after. Lots of jumping involved, but I feel like I got a good workout.
  • Tor_Nado_30
    Tor_Nado_30 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I do BBG, too! I've done round 1 twice before over the past year, and it really worked for me. I lost about 10 lbs (which is a good bit for me! I'm short!). Then I fell completely off the wagon and gained a bit of weight, back but mostly I lost a lot of muscle. So now I am back doing my third round of BBG 1.0. I'm on week 2!

@pdadhich721 They say everyone is different in terms of progress! I personally do not tend to see results until week 5/6 and then it happens steadily after that. It's like a switch turns on or something. It was really rough for me because I felt like I was busting my *kitten* and NOTHING was happening, but for me, it was happening - I just didn't notice until about halfway through.

Also, the first time I did it, I made the mistake of thinking "oh, I am working so hard! I can eat whatever I want!" and "I assume I have burned a thousand calories I can totally have that pizza!" only to discover I'd burned, like, 300. So if you're struggling there, just make sure you're not overestimating what you're burning off in a given workout cause that's really what hindered my progress the first time.

XO
    Tor
  • ksutherland677
    ksutherland677 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm week 10 of BBG 1.0. I love it! It's the only workout program that I've stuck with. I've lost about a pound a week.
  • fit_emslittle
    fit_emslittle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app but have been doing BBG since January 4th. Love it! Such amazing results and community of strong women inspiring and encouraging each other. I've been on holiday for the last two months and have lost a little muscle but slowly getting back into it before I fly home in a week. Definitely try it!!