Vegan from beef country looking for friends

Options
NerdaliciousMama
NerdaliciousMama Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all!

I am a 33 year old midwestern woman looking to lose a LOT of weight! After a sedentary lifetime of excessive quantities of the standard American fodder, I found myself 175 lbs overweight! Six weeks ago I converted to a plant-based (vegan) lifestyle and have already lost 30 lbs! I feel better, sleep better, and have way more energy and mental focus.

I am looking for supportive and encouraging friends of all shapes and sizes. It would be nice to find friends with 100+ lbs to lose or those who share a vegan lifestyle, but it is not necessary.

Let's do this together!

*edited for grammar and punctuation because words are hard :tongue:

Replies

• jopat11111
    jopat11111 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, well done on your weight loss so far
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    send you an add!
  • rubicon4me
    rubicon4me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don’t quite have 100 pounds to lose. Might be 70 - 80. I quit smoking right as I went into menopause. I went up about 10 - 15 lbs each year after that. I went Vegan on 2/3/15. I also have lost 30 lbs. Losing slower than you, but at least I'm losing! Good Luck!!!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! I've been vegan for a while now, and like you mentioned feel much better in general :smile: I began my loss at 230, so at that time I had about 100 to lose. As of now, I have about 20-30 more depending on how I feel once I get closer to my goal.

Good luck!