What's your meal plan this week?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
We're out of pretty much everything, and I need inspiration before going shopping... I have absolutely no idea what to make this week (plus the kids will be home the rest of the week too).

So.. what are you all cooking?

Replies

• Inieke
    Inieke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This week I'm doing lamb kebabs, beef burgers, sloppy Joes, pork ribs and meatballs all served with a salad and wraps, burger buns, rice etc. My kids will have fruit as a snack.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    After not really having any vegetables to speak of last week this week is all about cooking from raw ingredients! I went to the store and my basket was running over (only 1 person so I use the hand basket) but I was surprised that I spent less then I usually do. I am having salads with a protein and chicken, fish and pork steaks each with usually 2 sides of vegetables. Fruit, baby carrots, nuts and chocolate as snacks!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    One of the nicest things I have made recently is chicken breast stuffed with fresh basil and goats cheese, topped with slices of tomato, baked in the oven. Nice served with rice/cous cous/ whatever you fancy
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    It's 102 degrees here so NO cooking for me. Lots of cucumber / tomato / whatever else vegetable on hand salads, watermelon, cherries, cottage cheese and Greek yogurt.

What kinds of things do your kids like? Sloppy Joe's are fairly cheap and easy. Also, assemble-yourself deli sandwiches with all the toppings are fun. As for cooking, I like to put a big pork roast in the crockpot and make shredded pork sandwiches, burritos, fajitas, etc.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sunday: Grilled Yucatan Chicken Skewers, grilled corn on the cob, jicama slaw

Monday: Fish burgers (Costco has BOGO pollack burgers), grilled corn on the cob

Tuesday: Tomato, zucchini, spinach, and mozzarella casserole, whole wheat pita bread

Wednesday: Tuna salad wraps, German potato salad

Thursday: veggie stir fry

Friday: Chicken fingers, fries

Saturday: Chicken satay with some kind of jicama and napa cabbage slaw I make up
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This week is my off-dinner-plan week! But that's planned too :p
    M: Chicken, Uncle Ben's sweet&sour sauce, jasmine rice; T: Pork chop, sweet potato mash with chili, green beans; W: leftovers from M; T: Beef and black bean soup; F: Either cod filet and butter, or fish balls in curry sauce, baby potatoes, grated carrots; S: leftovers from T; S: Sashimi and bubble tea (from a nearby sushi place).

Other meals are the usual crispbread and cheese, smoked mackerel, caviar, home made liver paté, tuna salad; porridges, boiled egg; the usual raw vegetables and nuts; pear+almond/cashew butter, piel de sapo melon, apples, mango, passion fruit - will buy the rest of the fruit I need on Thursday, so don't know exactly what yet.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    When it's this hot we usually cook outdoors to keep from heating up the house. So far we've had:

Grilled salmon and pasta salad
    Grilled chicken w/ bbq sauce and grilled veggies (carrots, parsnips, zucchini)
    Venison and potato kabobs and squash salad

It's supposed to storm here later so I'm thinking maybe a quick and easy Cajun thing with smoked sausage, shrimp, red beans and rice; and a simple green salad.

Not sure about the rest of the week. I'm not much for planning ahead.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    The next 10 days:
    Ham and bean soup
    Falafel
    Pigs in a blanket
    Spaghetti, breadsticks
    Pinwheel stuffed steak, baked potato, lemon pepper zucchini
    General Tso’s chicken, stir fry vegetables, rice
    Greek potato stew
    Tacos
    Chicken sandwich, spicy roasted cauliflower with tahini
    Big salad
  • jackslovely
    jackslovely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili that will be a couple of lunches and dinners, hot honey mustard chicken thighs with roasted potatoes and broccoli, mini english muffin pizza, caprese chicken thighs topped with balsamic glaze and tomatoes and mozz cheese, turkey and bacon pitas, tuna pitas...
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    pot roast
    french dip sandwhiches with left over pot roast
    chicken cordon bleu
    lasagna
    fajitas
    breaded cutlet, risotto, veg
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here is what I'm making this week:

Pulled chicken salads
    Enchilada casserole
    Three pepper turkey Chilli
    Grilled steak with broccoli salad
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I make the same dinners every week: chicken and bean burritos, lentil pasta and garlic bread, tostadas, chili cheese baked potatoes, baked chicken Parmesan with garlic bread, pita pizza and 1 night out to eat.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Last night was Chicken Dijonaise, tonight is Beef Stir Fry for me and Beef stroganoff for my sons, tomorrow night is Caprese Chicken, probably Red Curry Chicken on Thursday and Friday night is usually sub sandwiches (although we might grill steaks or burgers).
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Tonight is cheese and leftover steak quesadillas, tomorrow and Wednesday probably ground beef tacos (giant taco salad for me), Wendy's on Thursday (chilli on a giant salad for me), grilled salmon, veggies, and fruit kabobs on Friday. I am boring and eat most things on or with a giant salad.

On the weekend I grilled some trout, which was a first for me and delicious!
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're making turkey, brie, and apple sandwiches, tomorrow is lamb burgers, Thursday is salmon pastrami sandwiches, and Friday (plus weekend leftovers) is Tex-Mex lasagna!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we had tacos and tonight we had meatloaf, steamed rice, and corn on the cob.

Tomorrow we are having dinner at a friend's house - I'm bringing a salad (salad mix, tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, blue cheese crumbles, and bacon bits).

Thursday is leftovers as we are traveling and going on vacation Friday!