I did an hour of cardio!

I know it doesn't mean much for anyone here but I have been struggling with exercise for almost all my adult life(shortness of breath) and I managed an hour(with breaks of course but hey!) I just feel so accomplished that I wanted to say something to someone lol :)

Replies

• Great job!! :)
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Nice one.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Awesome. You are on your way.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Now you'll think: Hey, I can do this!
    Great job.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Great job!! :)

this.

I also like this avi.
  • dwygtd
    dwygtd Posts: 19 Member
    Rock on!
  • RanaSimon
    RanaSimon Posts: 73 Member
    Awesome job! I had similar cardio problems for a long time. I've been doing intervals to increase my time and speed, and my cardio issues have virtually disappeared. Do you have any future goals? Mine is to do a 5K every Saturday. I have my third tomorrow.

If you'd like some additional motivation or tips, I manage a 5K walkers and runners group here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114532-5k-walkers-and-runners

It's small, but I think we have some very experienced and helpful members so far. You're welcome to join if you think it would be helpful to you.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Rock on !
  • RollTideTri
    RollTideTri Posts: 116 Member
    Think back when you first started exercising. The idea of exercising for an hour straight probably sounded ridiculous and impossible! But here you are, great job! Keep at it and you'll keep being amazed at what you can do!
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Dopamine! :smile:
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Great job!!!
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Awesome! Way to go!!
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Fabulous you. :)
  • spiritbrat
    spiritbrat Posts: 80 Member
    That's great! I get it! When I started I could barely run one lap of a track. When I did my first 10k I almost cried lol!
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    YAY!!! Great job, thanks for sharing with us!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Good for you!
  • BreonnaQueen
    BreonnaQueen Posts: 58 Member
    Congrats! An achievement (big or small) is still an achievement!
  • precious_cargo
    precious_cargo Posts: 33 Member
    So awesome!!
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Think back when you first started exercising. The idea of exercising for an hour straight probably sounded ridiculous and impossible! But here you are, great job! Keep at it and you'll keep being amazed at what you can do!

I was actually thinking about this last night on my run. I did an "easy" 3 miles with a friend coming back from surgery. We were talking about when we first started running, 1.5 miles seemed so difficult, and now 3 is no sweat! Think about how far you've come! You're awesome :)