What do you cook on your baking stone?

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
I used to just use it for pizzas but I have found tht I love cooking meat on it as well. It's always really juicy. Does anyone have something really yummy they cook on their baking stone?

Replies

• maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    potato wedges. I cut my potatoes up and I sprinkle it with some olive oil, sea salt, cayenne pepper and just a pinch of sugar and bake it.

YUM!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    potato wedges. I cut my potatoes up and I sprinkle it with some olive oil, sea salt, cayenne pepper and just a pinch of sugar and bake it.

YUM!!

Good idea, I didn't even thing about that. I like to add onions and baby carrots to my potato wedges as well.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Cookies, flautas, taquitos or anything that might burn easy or overflow.

I have stone pans as well for cake, lasanga, etc..... They work great!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I cook everything on stones. I use it for cookies, mac and cheese, meats, brownies. I have muffin stones and bread stones, I don't need to use liners on my muffins.
  • auntbyte
    auntbyte Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of anything but a pizza stone (all great ideas, by the way) But where do you find stone muffin pans, stone bread pans and stone cake pans?!?!
  • leshagen
    leshagen Posts: 36
    Options
    I cook the obvious, such as cookies, biscuits and such. But I have several baking stones and one is a large bowl that you can roast a very large chicken, and it comes out very tender. Also, I have a jelly roll stone (flat but it has a lip around the edge) and I do bake chicken breast, steaks and salmon on it. Everything always comes out beautifully.