Calling all big chested ladies....what is a good sports bra???

Options
2»

Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just bought the knockout from VS online in 40DD and it has a crossback, clip enclosue, then a zip up of additional material over the enclosure. I wear that with a built in tank and have really great support compared to the past ones I have had.

I have these too! They're GREAT!
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    OH! I also recommend checking on Victoria's secret right now while they're having their semi annual sale. you might be able to find one cheap!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    40 G. And I ride a horse with a big trot.

Nothing but Enell for me. No wires and very comfortable once you get accustomed to the feeling of being supported. And there is almost zero weight on the shoulder straps which are wide and comfortable.

In an Enell I currently wear a size 5. They go up to size 8. If they don't have one that will fit you they will custom make you one to your needs.
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend measuring yourself to be sure of your size. I was wearing a 42DDDD (that was murder to wear) and I finally found a good calculator and ordered a Panache underwire sports bra off Amazon in the right size (38HH). It is so comfortable that I wear it almost all the time! And it is relatively expensive (around $60) but worth every penny to me. I don't do tons of high intensity although I do run sprints and it seems to do the job well enough. But with all these recommendations for Enell I'm going to have to try that brand too.
  • lisabetts142
    lisabetts142 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Enel is the best. I am a 38 h and my girls do not move when running. I used to wear two bras, and a body suit to keep me in, but not any more. So much more comfortable to just wear one very good bra.
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34G and have had a large chest my entire life. I loved the moving comfort that has the Velcro straps (it sounds weird, I know) because you can adjust the fit depending on how your boobs sit. That being said, I don't think it had enough support at that size.

I have the panache sports bra right now and it's amazing. I have never had one that fits as well as the panache, supports and stops the bounce while still being comfortable. Plus, it makes my chest look super tiny which amuses me.

I like the VS ones for weights, walking or light exercise but they just didn't hold it all down well enough for me for running or anything. But they are super comfortable and cute.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber S5044 Run Bra
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have a panache and I love it!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Needed a 44DD. I went everywhere, tried everything on, ordered 3 glamorize bras and ended up with the molded cup bra from lane Bryant. I tried all of theirs on too and this was by far the best one! I ended up getting it on sale for 40% off and only paid like $26! I will post a pic here. I even have 2 boobs instead of uniboob with it! I've never had that in a sports bra. And it's convertible. You can wear it like a regular bra or cross the straps for a racer back look. I keep them crossed and put it on over my head. The straps are adjustable for length too.

Buy one get one half off right now.

http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-active/sports-bras/20233c20242/index.cat#SelectThisSize

bpsa2au1ijp0.jpeg

• DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Panache has great encapsulation sports bras (not just there to push your boobs down, they're great for vigorous activity) and they come in 40DD as is the Royce lingerie impact free. You can check out this link for more on bra fitting and styles
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/sports_bras
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I second the Victoria's Secret comments. I am not as big as you, but my sister-in-law gave me a VS sports bra and I was amazed at how much support and shape it offered. It's the sexiest and most comfortable and supportive sports bra I've ever worn - works great.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Victoria secret doesn't like big boobs. lol. And btw, they are the same company as Lane Bryant!
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Moving Comfort (Maia), Enell, Freya. and Wacol sport bras work for me, no uni-boob. I'm a 30 or 32 DDD/E. I need underwire and bras that compress and encapsulate. The girls need to be locked and loaded; can't have them bouncing around. They're all expensive but well worth the money. I stopped wearing regular bras and only wear sports bras since I find them the most comfortable for everyday and working out.

Find online stores that include shipping both ways if you can (Brooks Running for Moving Comfort). Enell charges shipping both ways so I always buy them from online stores that don't charge for shipping since I've found sizes that work, because you do have to pay to return/exchange. I found the Wacol's at Neiman Marcus.

The Enells have two options the regular sports bra (very ugly) or the sports lite (better looking) for everyday but with less support than the regular sports bra; neither have underwire. I've bought Moving Comfort (Maia) for years and have noticed that they seem less well made now than in past years especially since they were bought out by Brooks Running about a year ago. Freya's are very well made and have UK sizing; I like those a lot.