Protein foods that are easy?

Options
I was told be my doctor and trainer to increase protein. I drink protein shakes in the morning, but am not found of fish and do not have time to cook. Any suggestions for protein rich snacks that aren't to bad in fat?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Meat. Put it on the skillet and eat.
    Cottage cheese
    Protein bars
    Greek Yogurt
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Jerky, string cheese, egg whites
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    More protien shakes, tempeh, beans, lentils.. The list goes on. The easiest and quickest way would be a shake though. (In my opinion)
  • hec1985
    hec1985 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Greek yogurt and beef jerky are my go to's. Both have around 10-15 grams per serving
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Pick up a crock pot, and your meat can cook while you're at work, cooking once for many meals.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I can't cook a lick, but I can bake several chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge. Put one with a baked potato and thawed broccoli and you got yourself a meal.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Pick up a crock pot, and your meat can cook while you're at work, cooking once for many meals.

I second this. My crockpot is so near and dear to me that I've given it a name. Betty. (Get it? Betty Crock-er? Hurr durr!)

Other than that, I've found it wise to keep cheese cubes around the house, and to hard-boil a big batch of eggs and store them in the fridge for snacks and salads. Don't skip the yolk. It's got most of the nutrients. Buy frozen bags of precooked chicken chunks and then all you have to do is nuke them. Turkey sausage links too. The lunchmeat section of the store sells containers of precooked pulled pork. You can even eat it cold.

That's all just off the top of my head.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs (the whole egg)
    cottage cheese (I add protein powder)
    string cheese
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

This. I slow cook chicken thighs once a week and shred them to use in all kinds of meals.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Everyone says string cheese, but any block cheese will do too....Sliced cheese in plastic wrap is too processed for my taste, but deli cheese is good. Nuts, yogurt (greek has the highest protien), Milk
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Go nuts over nuts.
    Almonds have good fats.