New workout DVD suggestions

Any good suggestions out there for fun, upbeat workout DVDs? I am in the market for a few new ones - a year or so ago I exhausted Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Weight Loss Yoga and the thought of doing them again and again is not appealing!

What DVD's keep you coming back for more?

Replies

• Turbo Jam is my go to workout. I've heard Turbo Fire is a great workout too. I have also tried Hip Hop Abs. Any of these are great it you're starting to workout again.
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    I live in the UK and am not sure if this would be readily available over there in the States, but the Ministry of Sound's "Pump It Up, high energy" is fabulous - it's a combination of cardio and dance to great music. When I did it 3-4 weeks religiously it really toned me up! (as a comparison for myself, I weighed the same as another time in my life but was in a size smaller in clothes, I'm convinced it was this workout DVD that made the difference for me!). I can't do the dance section worth anything but it's something to aspire to! (I'm sure you won't have any problems given that you're a dance teacher!) What I also love about the DVD is that you can add which sections you'd like to work out to for the day. So you always start with the warm up and end with the cool down, but can add any or all of the 3 workout sections to the overall session, so you can tailor it to how much time you have for that day and vary it up. I really love the toning section and will do only this if I'm strapped for time as it's very quick and I'd much rather do something than nothing!

You should be able to import this via Amazon? (and if you have a multi-region player!) But I really couldn't recommend it more. Out of all the workout DVDs I've tried this is the best one for me and loads of fun....which keeps me coming back for more!
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Turbo Jam
    Turbo Fire
    Hip Hop Abs
    Zumba
    Rockin Body
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    I agree with the TurboFire & TurboJam suggestions. I love TurboFire!

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire.do
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    P90X - Resistance / Cardio - Very Hard but Soooo worth it.
    Insanity - Crazy hard cardio
    Turbo Fire - A lot of fun in a class setting. Mostly cardio with some sculpting and abs.
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    BUMPPPPPP!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I love Turbo Fire. It's a little expensive ($130ish) but you get 10 different DVDs and you combine them in different ways through out the program. I'm on week 6 and only just now starting to get a little bored of them, but just a little. Way better than doing the same 2 or 3 videos over and over again.
  • Thanks for the suggestions!! These all sound great!
  • TurboFire and Zumba are awesome!