30 day shred. any takers?

Options
I just bought a copy of 30 day shred and my goal is to do it through the month of july. Is anyone else starting it this month? I hope a group of us can do it and hold each other accountable to keep up with it and make it as fun as possible. Post on here or friend me if anyone is interested.
:)

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Myself and a few other women are starting it today too! Best of luck!!
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    I'am soo in... I just started today too.. do you know how long you gotta do level 1? is it level 1 for a full week, then level 2 for another week, then level 3 for another week? or do you change the routine? A little lost here.. But level 1 was a great fast paste- intense workout!! :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    There's always threads starting a 30 DS challenge. You may be able to find one that just started. Just do a quick search I'm sure you'll find quite a few. :) Good luck!!

Oh and to answer the question above. If you feel up to it, do each level for 10days. Not gonna lie, it's hard to do, especially if you are just starting. I tried that before and made it to 17 before I stopped. I've recently picked it back up and start day 20 tomorrow. But really, if you do it by yourself, it's whatever you feel comfy with. If you join a challenge on here, then it depends on what the original poster decides. Again, good luck :)
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'am soo in... I just started today too.. do you know how long you gotta do level 1? is it level 1 for a full week, then level 2 for another week, then level 3 for another week? or do you change the routine? A little lost here.. But level 1 was a great fast paste- intense workout!! :)

I've heard of some people doing 10 days of level 1, 10 days of level 2 and then 10 days of level 3... and I have also heard of people doing level 1 until they are ready for level 2, no matter how many days less than or more than 10 it takes them and then doing the same when it comes to advancing to level 3. I think you can do it however you feel most comfortable. :)
  • Melissajojo3
    Options
    oh ok, thanks brunnettewife :) I sure will do what I think I can do but for now im sticking with the leverl 1 for a full week, and see how it goes :)
  • Melissajojo3
    Options
    10 days of each sounds great!! :) Thanks agleckle :)
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options

You do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and then level 3 for 10 days... I am on L1D3
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Also, take before and after measurements! You may not see a difference on the cale, but you should in measurements. I know everyone is different, but when I did my first 17days last year, I lost 9inches. I was also much heavier then, but still. Again, everyone will be different. I've since restarted and I'm on day 19 straight now. I can't wait to measure on day '31' to see the full amount of changes.
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've never taken measurements before. Where do you usually measure? I'm guessing arms, stomach, hips? I'm still new to the whole - working out thing- bear with me ! :)
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Pretty much whatever you want to track. I do just about everything. Neck, upper and lower arms, chest, waist, belly button (I have a high waist), belly 'pooch', hips, thighes, and calves :)
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will try it. I got my copy from the library today and did level 1 day 1 today. It was tough-especially the pushups for me, other than that I got through it.
  • Soon2BMrsRamos
    Options
    I started yesterday too. It says at the beginning that each weeks workout is great even if that is all you do the entire 30 days. But I am going to try the 10/10/10. Good luck to everyone. More the better!
  • hlj4773
    hlj4773 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am in! Just started July 1 and Jilian kicked my butt! Will try 10/10/10 and check for updates here.
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    update!

finished day 1 yesterday and she really kicked my butt. after i caught my breath ;) i think the jumping jacks, or really the first circuit cardio was the hardest for me. thank goodness its only 20 mins! looking forward to day 2 later on today.

how is everyone else doing?
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there, well done everyone who has started, I have measured and weighed and don't plan to even step on the scale now until 1st August. Jillian made me feel really unfit yesterday on my first day and I officially hate jumping jacks. About to start day 2 now :happy:
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of the shred. I also finished week 6 of the c25k today.
  • dusk1977
    Options
    just done day 2 and it was hard, really despise jumping jacks and not really a fan of skipping but it will be worth it and as she says it is only 20mins. To the lady asking what we will do after the 30 days, I plan to have a week doing other exercises and then do the 30 days again as I have a great deal of weight to lose. :smile:
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    Hey! Can I join you all? I just finished day 2 of level 1 and it kicked my butt again! I'm not really sore but man you think it's not going too bad and then another rep comes and you're like heck no! I'm determined to finish the full 30 days as I've started it in the past and then given up but I am determined this time around!
  • hlj4773
    hlj4773 Posts: 9
    Options
    Jillian has been kicking my butt, but since starting the porgram on July 1 I have lost 18.75 inches in just 2 weeks. Awesome!
  • dusk1977
    Options
    Jillian has been kicking my butt, but since starting the porgram on July 1 I have lost 18.75 inches in just 2 weeks. Awesome!

Wow that is awesome well done :flowerforyou: