Tiredness Help

Options
The tiredness has kicked in on Day 3. My working hours is not helping with this.

Anyway to boost myself to help with the tiredness.

Also does Green Tea help as much as people say it does?

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It depends what you're eating, especially if the tiredness has only started since you started trying to lose weight. That suggests to me that you are not eating the best things to keep you going, or maybe you're just not eating enough.
  • SuziK12016
    SuziK12016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have changed my diet quite a bit and I am eating about 1000 less calories.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, you may need to eat more, especially on days you exercise. You may need to get some more protein in your diet too.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you are eating very little that is what is making you tired, your body needs enough 'fuel' to work efficiently.
    Get plenty of protein and some fat in and you'll start to feel energised in no time.

• SuziK12016
    Options
    Thanks all
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert and am pretty new to this but when I started trying to lose weight 3 months ago I did a load of reading and decided that calorie counting and increasing protein intake was probably going to work the best for me. The protein means I feel full up and rarely get hungry and I'm eating enough that I don't feel tired all the time. Admittedly the last week I've slipped on my diet a bit but I've decided that it happens, no need to get upset about it I actually knew I would at some point and know that I'll get back on it pretty quickly.
    So I can keep inside my calorie goals I've been using protein shakes and they really do seem to have made a huge difference for me.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    Yes, you're not eating much, you're finishing the day several hundred calories below your goal, which isn't a good idea as your goal is already very low. With such a low goal, you really need to eat it all. I know it seems that faster is better, but it really isn't.

Also, a lot depends on how much you weigh now and how much you are trying to lose. If you are very heavy, you can afford to lose 2lb a week, or even more if you are morbidly obese, but if you're only moderately obese or overweight, you are best to stick to 1lb a week. If you are very close to your goal - 10lb to go, say - you are best to lose slower, maybe half a pound a week. Trying to lose too fast will make you tired, hungry and more likely to quit, plus it's not healthy for you.

It's all a learning process. You've made a good start, keep it up and keep learning and you'll get there.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    Just want to add you are making some good choices but I would increase the whole grains and protein to keep you going, also add more veg to fill you up. Large heaps of veg, and not just salads, substantial veg dishes.

Like I said, a good start. These forums have loads of advice on how to keep yourself satisfied and well nourished on a tight calorie budget.
  • SuziK12016
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 2-3 stone. I lost 2 stone before using this and my calorie intake then was 1000 calories a day.

I think I'm finding it hard what foods to have I keep opting for the easy quick food as I'm up at 4.30am for work then don't get home till 7pm sometimes. I try and plan my meals so I don't drift.
  • SuziK12016
    Options
    Thank you for all your comments. Very helpful :) x
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Try and eat a minimum of 1200 calories and eat back some exercise calories, you will lose weight yet keep your energy levels and you wont feel as deprived as you must do now.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    edited June 2016
    Options
    1000cal is too low, mfp recommends 1200 as a hard minimum. If you're finding it hard - and no wonder, that's a tough work schedule - why not revise your goal to half a pound a week? That will give you more to eat and more energy to cope with your working life. And you'll still get where you're trying to go in the end.

The idea is not to lose weight as fast as possible by making yourself miserable, it's to make lasting changes in order to keep the weight off long term. You need to be able to enjoy life while you're losing weight, or you'll hit your goal and then revert to your old habits. That's how most of us end up regaining the weight
  • SuziK12016
    Options
    Thank you. This is very helpful. I appreciate all your help and comments
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If you're only eating 1000, you could be missing out on some vital nutrients. MFP can help a little--hit the "nutrition" link for a weekly summary. It does do iron, which is important. Also, Vitamin D and B vitamins. Your doctor can do simple blood tests to see if you're low. I wouldn't recommend self-supplementing without an idea of what you need unless it's a multivitamin. You can look at labels to get an idea of the rest. And meat sources of iron are better absorbed. Which is one of my problems.

That's one of the reasons MFP recommends a minimum of 1200 for women, it can be hard to get all the nutrition you need when your calories total is lower.