Looking for Friends who Eat Whole Foods

Hey all. I'm looking to make some friends with people who eat whole foods, enjoy cooking their own healthy meals, and think about not only calories but nutrition. I'd love to find some people whose diaries I could look at and get ideas and inspiration from. I'd like to find some people who would glance at mine once in a while, and offer suggestions for how I could improve. Maybe we could even trade recipes and meal ideas with each other.

Replies

• JennyLynnMSO
    JennyLynnMSO Posts: 12 Member
    I'm not a purist or a snob, fyi! I believe in all things in moderation.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Check me out, then. I have to eat like that pretty much all the time and be very careful about ingredients or else I get sick.

Allergies: Peanuts, Soy, peas and other legumes (Yes, peanuts and soy are both legumes. Peanuts are not related to tree nuts which I am fine with.)
    Intolerances: Dairy, Gluten (Gluten is seitan, I tell you! Seitan!)

I also choose not to eat things made with molds or fungi, for the most part, but that's just a quirk. I'm okay with fruit vinegars (but not white/distilled or malt, etc.) and extracts but I stay away from alcohol otherwise. I've given up grains altogether to be on the safe side and sub in starchy fruits/veg/tubers for the missing carbs. My diet is, thusly, Paleo-esque without the strict adherence to composition (i.e. macros, omega 3s, etc. I get stressed out and tend towards the obsessive when I do and I can't go LCHF very well and I have tried it for a good long time so it wasn't me that did it incorrectly it was just that it wasn't the right diet for me.).
  • GlutenfreeOma
    GlutenfreeOma Posts: 15 Member
    You sound like me. I'm trying to eat whole foods...though occasionally I do have a protein bar. I am concentrating on nutrition since my doctor told me I was "not absorbing my nutrients." I cook at home almost every night. I have Celiac so eat gluten free. I also have to make certain my husband, who is diabetic and has heart problems, eats right! I would love to get ideas for eating whole foods and trading recipes. It seems like I am in a rut right now and eating the same thing over and over. Help!
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    I am working toward whole food meals. We grow a lot of the produce we eat (Square Foot gardening) and are cutting back on animal-based foods and most processed foods. I still buy most starches (potato, rice, wheat, quinoa) but am making pastas and breads at home. Feel free to add me
  • 01134BOB
    01134BOB Posts: 21 Member
    LHWhite903 wrote: »
    (Gluten is seitan, I tell you! Seitan!)

Love the play on words!!!
  • 01134BOB
    01134BOB Posts: 21 Member
    Hi! You can add me too. I'm still new but am trying to cut out processed foods. I raise my own chickens, so eat allot egg dishes.