Calling all fitness pal 'newbies'

Options

Replies

• tinax90
    tinax90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and need all the help I can get. Let's help each other!!
  • AlecB62
    AlecB62 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    coming up to a year for me, I've lost nearly 54 pounds in that time, have been maintaining for a couple of months after reaching my goal weight but have just decided to lose a little bit more.

Feel free to add me I accept all friends requests
  • JimProctor
    JimProctor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New to the site... Could use some friends on here! Thanks and good luck everyone!
  • MariaCMcDonald
    MariaCMcDonald Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Been absent for about a month; broke my foot but I'm on the mend and ready to get back on track.
  • Scorpio_Runner
    Scorpio_Runner Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Today is my 1st day as well. I'm off work today so I have time to explore this site. Love it!!
  • Redeagle2Redeagle
    Redeagle2Redeagle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is day two. I'm in this to conquer me!
  • Julia8574
    Julia8574 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie. Still trying to figure this all out. Have to admit I'm not a fitness tracker person...although I've used training schedules given to me by coaches in order to train for a particular event. I linked this to my new garmin.

I'm not sure what to make my settings to be. I don't know that I am necessarily trying to lose/maintain/gain weight. I'm totally new to fitness tracking. I honestly bought a garmin for my daughter and got one for me so we can see how we do.

I'm 41y/o 5'2" last weight (last wk at docs office) 114lb. I workout most days. Right now 2 days/wk w/ trainer (was coming back from 5mth hiatus on workout due to health issues), try to strenght train on extra day mid wk and do cardio at least 30min everyday. But I do have a desk job. I try to eat 80/20 clean diet and shoot for 1500-1600 calories/day.

I was planning to train for a sprint triathlon (I've done 2 in the last 2yrs, I also did a half marathon, 15k, 10k and several 5ks. But my doc is making it hard for me to train for the event I want to do 9/11/16. I'm only allowed to choose one form of cardio at this point. I can continue w/ strength and core work.

So I'm somewhat changing gears to work on definition and I'd love to get a 6pack. I don't know what this means as far as weight loss/maintenance/gain. I really don't worry about the scale, just how I feel and look in my clothes.

So sorry for the long post, but wondering what setting I should choose and if anyone has any diet/workout suggestions for achieving my goal.

Thanks so much.
  • V1kings5150
    V1kings5150 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some friends. Anyone feel free to add me. PLEASE !!!!
  • pgfitmom
    pgfitmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 'starting over'. But the app seems to have changed quite a bit... I feel like I'm a total newbie.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Playball549
    Playball549 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am looking for more friends! Anyone can add me!
  • mollytb24
    mollytb24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I seriously need some motivation and I live in a house with 4 boys who just tell me I'm perfect the way I am. While that's super sweet of them, I need to lose 90 lbs. Although I'd be super happy if I lost at least 60
  • MariaCMcDonald
    Options
    @mollytb24 - you have similar goals like me; I too want to lose 90 but would be thrilled to lose 60. I can relate is what I'm saying.
  • MariaCMcDonald
    Options
    @AlecB62 - you are an excellent motivation....losing what you've lost and sticking with it for over a year...good for your!
  • joycejentges
    joycejentges Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I need all the help I can get! 100 lbs overweight with a myriad of health issues. Right now my motivation is that if I don't lose about 20 lbs I won't be eligible for my employers healthy weight credit. Let's motivate each other!
  • Raymil82
    Raymil82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's my first day on here. Have 85 to lose! Eeek!
  • CopyLisa
    CopyLisa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am back on it with a focus to lose weight and walk more. Feel free to add me so all of us can motivate each other!
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    New here today, jumping back on the wagon to lose 20lbs. Add me if you like :)
  • MariaCMcDonald
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good 4th of July Holiday. I enjoyed BBQ but did not overeat...stayed away from the bread and had my burger over a salad....and for all the other side dishes....I grabbed a spoon and allowed myself a heaping spoonful of everything so I got to taste it all in small portions. And for every light beer I drank I chased it down with a bottle of water. Back on track this week.
  • ArtthurCarlson
    ArtthurCarlson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Returning newbie here...I'd welcome any friend requests :)
  • ginaDDDD
    ginaDDDD Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me here! I need friends too! Please add me