Pregnant

Options
Is there a way to tell MyFitnessPal that I am pregnant? I am 25 weeks along and I think it's giving me way too many calories because it's basing it on my current weight. Any ideas?

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You should really be talking to an OBGYN or a nutritionist
  • heathershaw4785
    heathershaw4785 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know with Weight Watchers they give you more points when you are pregnant. I would imagine you would get a few extra hundred calories a week. Congratulations btw!!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I second the idea of talking to your OB about calories. Then you can customize the number of calories instead of letting MFP calculate it for you.
  • xmusic_lover211
    xmusic_lover211 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Actually i'm pretty sure weight watchers only gives you extra points while your breastfeeding. I don't think they even recommend you join if you're pregnant. I know because I looked into that while I was pregnant with my son in an effort to keep my weight gain under control. I agree with talking to an OBGYN or nutritionist. Congratulations!!!
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am 22 weeks and my calories are set for gaining 1/2 lb a week. My doctor said it's ok as long as I eat if im hungry. And when I get to the 3rd trimester I will be putting it up to 1 lbs a week. I've read recommendations that you add 300 calories a day to your maintenance calories for second trimester and for 3rd trimester add 500 a day.