Hi, my name is Erin!

ladyerin79
ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone... my name is Erin and I am fitfamilyman's wife. I am beginning my new journey today towards a complete lifestyle change, and I'm hoping for some positive support. I am very insecure and have a low self esteem, so I'm trying to work on that too as I lose weight. Exercise is a problem for me (see my profile page), but I'm hoping that I can fool myself into exercising without planning to. My exercise for the past few years has consisted of cleaning--and I do mean spic and span--my house. Or getting outside with the kids to go to the park or go swimming. I am hoping to have bariatric surgery before Christmas so I won't be diabetic anymore, and I'll feel better all around. I'm happy to be here as my hubby has had nothing but nice things to say about all of you! :laugh:

Please add me if you'd like!

Replies

• LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Hi Erin,

I am happy that you are taking the steps toward a healthier you. I am trying to lose 50 lbs by this time next year. In would love to add you and support you on your journey. You can do it!
  • melane71
    melane71 Posts: 35
    Welcome to MFP :drinker:
    This is a good place to start your journey. I have found myself that the best way to follow through is to go at your own pace but join challenges for motivation and support.
  • LizToner
    LizToner Posts: 49
    Hi Erin, I am Liz. And I am pretty new too! Only been about a week, but logging what you eat and do, makes you think twice before putting something into your mouth or going to bed without some exercise! Have you tried yoga, or something like that? I hope that you are very successful and will pray that this is your first step to being healthy physically, emotionally, and spiritually! Good LUCK!
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    Welcome Erin! Feel free to add me! We're all on different parts of our journey, but we all have the same goal: being healthy. :-) This is a GREAT place to be. VERY supportive!
  • Candi8185
    Candi8185 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi Erin, I just started today too. I'm so excited after looking at everyone's success stories. We can do this. I will send you an add. :smile:
  • ladyerin79
    Thank you so much, everyone! I am very excited to be here. You all sound like very nice ppl! :)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Who knows? You may lose the weight here and not need the surgery!!! I have a friend who's lost over 50 pounds and her medical troubles are a thing of the past. Blessings on you as you begin this journey! :-) Your health is the one thing you can't buy, but the great news is, you have a great deal of control over it! Best of luck!

Jenny
  • I am so proud my wife has decied to join, I love you baby more then life it self!
  • melane71
    fitfamilyman I love your:
    " Love n peace but no more chicken grease!"

you just made my day :laugh:
  • Lol Ty Mel I kinda stole it from the movie the pest
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    welcome mrs ffm :)

x
  • melane71
    Erin and all the newbies, LauraLLee is starting a 8 weeks challenge on 07/06/2011, this might be a good opportunity to be part of a support group and stay motivated. I am doing it, if you are interested: send a message to LauraLLee before 07/06/2011.

I realized a month ago that the secret to keep up with a program is motivation and support, if you do not have those 2 things you usually give up.

Join us, it will be fun. :smile:
  • ladyerin79
    @FFM: Awww... thank you baby... I love you a TON!! :heart:
  • ladyerin79
    Who knows? You may lose the weight here and not need the surgery!!!
    I have a friend who's lost over 50 pounds and her medical troubles are a thing of the past. Blessings on you as you begin this journey! :-) Your health is the one thing you can't buy, but the great news is, you have a great deal of control over it! Best of luck!

Jenny

That would be so awesome if I could not have to have the surgery! I'm certainly going to try to work towards that!
  • ladyerin79
    Thank you everyone... you have all been amazingly supportive! I had a great first day! Woot! :laugh:
  • VIRAGI
    VIRAGI Posts: 8
    Do not underestimate yourself...Life is precious and Good! After you start exercising you will have a lot of temptations, specially with unhealthy snacks...be stron and smart and choose the good ones for you...Hi-Fiber cereals with a hint of cinnammon...Fiber Plus cereal is awsome!!!!!....makes you go, first time run run run...but is low sugar, nice taste.....

One thing I tell ya...I can't give up chocolate...NEVER....that is my only thing...and i LOVE cheddar cheese...I try to cut the quantity I eat thou cause has too much fat.

you can do it girl! When you feel that 220 volts after a workout...you will not feel tire anymore, you will look great....it feels so nice that your jeans are falling down your legs.

keep it up...the Sky is the limit!
    Viragi
  • ladyerin79
    Thank you for the encouragement! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.