Constipation and eating more

Options
Tips and ideas for this problem? I'm always full because of it

Replies

• MustafeOM
    MustafeOM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah several things you can do. More fibre from food or supplements AND drink more water but not too much. You could take enzymes to help break down the food. Also to restore yourself back to your regular bowel movements take a laxative and short two day detox and then get back to pigging out. Its normal for constipation too come for me its even more challenging than most. Good luck and Get Swole
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    No to the detox. Be careful with laxatives. Only use them if you really really need to. You can become dependent on them and that is not a good thing.
  • MustafeOM
    Options
    Most people dont understand detoxing. It has many meanings in this case take a break from all those sugars and carbs and excessive protein most people end up pissing away. Its only temporary if you are having severe constipation. And yes laxatives are only one time last resorts.
  • MustafeOM
    Options
    Oh and dont completely cut off cardio do some HIIT it will help your movements
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    so what do you eat? fat?
  • MustafeOM
    Options
    Lol no, for two days the guy above would probably eat two light meals and fast a portion of the day giving his body a chance to recuperate. He could eat some carbs and fat and proteins but a low amount. During this period he may choose to use a laxative with doctors consult. Its only two days and helps a lot, everbody has different cases. He shoukd also know it takes some time for your body to handle eating a surplus everyday. If he balanced the cheat/ junk food with healthy options ate fibre and did some HIIT. This could all be dramatically reduced with no pills ans what not.Sorry for the rant :)
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lots and Lots of water! ...
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Try a serving of wheat bran daily. Insoluble fiber bulks up the waste and moves it along. Make sure to drink plenty of water as well.
  • bobclapp18
    bobclapp18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Diet is not lacking in fiber. Garrentee you that. I suppose it to be feeling full for so long and not ever feel like eating. Want to gain weight but always full.
  • bobclapp18
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Please keep them coming! I like and need them
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    bobclapp18 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips. Please keep them coming! I like and need them

Magnesium oxide/citrate before bed on an empty stomach, 2-3 tablets to start.
    20g psylium husk powder followed by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
    15ml mct oil in your first cup of coffee or tea in the morning.
  • JasonSElse
    JasonSElse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went to the Dietician the other day and she stated that I was way over for fiber and asked if everything was coming out ok. (she didnt want to ask about constipation) I told her I was drinking 8-15 cups of water a day and she said keep at it. Fiber slows your bowels down and absorbs water as it passes. Too much fiber and not enough water means constipation.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fats and fiber can help with bowel movements. Ignore the detox and laxatives
  • MustafeOM
    Options
    The simplest way to avoid all that extra stuff above is to avoid it buy preventing it with better food choices. Also just go to a doctor dude, forums are not good for medical advice.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant and dance a jig every day I have a BM.....yes, TMI....any way. I take Colace when needed. It's a stool softener...and I also get plenty of fiber.

I think I'm getting too much iron from my prenatal and that's causing the issue. Could you be having a similar problem? (not the pregnant thing, the too much iron thing)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MustafeOM wrote: »
    The simplest way to avoid all that extra stuff above is to avoid it buy preventing it with better food choices. Also just go to a doctor dude, forums are not good for medical advice.

So basically, never leverage the experiences of others and never listen to anyone on a forum, to include you?
  • bobclapp18
    Options
    i was just simply wondering what others do to deal with this or if its just me. thanks.
  • MustafeOM
    Options
    Good move man, just take advice here with a grain of salt, including mine.
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bobclapp18 wrote: »
    i was just simply wondering what others do to deal with this or if its just me. thanks.

How many bowel movements do you have on average per day?
  • bobclapp18
    Options
    Depends. Mostly on what I eat. Sometimes not many. Sometimes (on a good day) 2-3.