I'm so dissapointed in myself

Options
I have had such a bad day, and I have been doing so good!!! I am negative 438 calories already and I did a workout already! I can't believe how hard it is to burn off calories and how fast and easy to put them back on. I think my biggest challenge for me is having everyone around me eat out fast food, soda, right in front of me. Usually im really good at not eating it, but I had an emotional day today and I ate a taco from jack the box, some fries from jack in the box and a few sips of soda, then i ate one of my 100 calorie snacks, and a tortilla with cheese and beforei knew it i was WAY over my calorie goal! :( and its only 4:16

Replies

• welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. It's great that you realize what isn't good for you. So just get back to what you know is right. We all have bad days and sometimes it's just good to give your body a change. One day won't hurt. What's done is done...just surround yourself with positive people and focus on what's best for you.
    It's humbling to admit when you have a bad day.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    thank god the moon and sun rises and sets everyday (well about Alaska...) which means if we're bless to see it we get a new start everyday!!! cheer up ♥♥♥:wink:
  • YvetteSmith69
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has bad days but knowing it and accepting it are good. Just get back on track tomorrow and you'll be feeling better before you know it.
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    Don't sweat it girl - Everybody has those days. A few days of eating healthy and exercising, staying within your goals, and the bad day will be history. You're just learning yourself, don't let this knock you down. :) I had one of those days just this past week! Just remember when you're out with friends, that you're allowed to treat yourself (moderation is key <3), but nothing tastes as good as skinny/fit feels. :) Just use today as a learning opportunity - you know what makes you trip up, so next time you're in that situation just remember how you felt after you caved in. ^.^ Good luck! <3
  • LiveBrightly
    Options
    Hey Lovely,

Don't beat yourself up. Recording our exercise/food on here is SUCH en eye-opener. Weight loss is bound to have set-backs, but don't allow them to actually set you back. Just take a deep breath and focus on the next food option in front of you. You can, and are, doing this!

Kiss your kid(s) and enjoy the rest of your day!

Cheers!
    Emily
  • jrami24
    jrami24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem as for people around me eating fast food. Get the book EAT THIS AND NOT THAT, it gives alternatives to eat that arent so bad and even though I dont believe it is a real healthy option it is certainly better than the crap that you would normally eat and you can still get part of the group eating with everyone elses junk.
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree..don't be so hard on yourself. This is a journey full of twists and turns not a car ride. You had one bad day, that's ok we have ALL been there. Walking is almost always a quick fix when I regret my food choices for that day plus it helps to clear my mind.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Call it your "cheat day." Have a light, sensible dinner, and then start over tomorrow. One day won't undo all the work you've done, and we all need to let go once in a while.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    One day every once in awhile won't make it or break it. Everyone's different, of course, but I find that once I start craving something I HAVE to have it or I drive myself insane thinking about it. So I eat it, enjoy it, and move on. Sounds like the case you got here. No one's perfect, darlin, and you just gotta get up, dust your booty off and get back on the wagon!
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last night at 10pm ugh...I don't know why. I was told just to adjust my weeks calories so I take a little back each day for the week and not just deducting 400 from today.
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself....>.<
    You realized you are having a bad day, and you are aware of the less-healthy choices you have made today. Consider it a cheat day, and tomorrow maybe try and not snack too much tomorrow.
    Keep up the workout though!
    Focus on the positives.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days every now and then - don't beat yourself up about it. The key is getting back on track as soon as possible. 438 calories isn't that big of a deal - it's probably less than what MFP built in for a daily deficit, so you're probably breaking even for the day. Plus, this may even shake up your system a little bit so you'll lose more quickly, if you were in any kind of plateau.
  • JessieJacobs
    Options
    The good thing is, it's not too late to get back on track! Just move on with your day as you normally would. The most damaging thing you could do is to give up just because you had a small slip. We are all human, and life happens. One thing that keeps me on track around other people is to pack a small cooler every day, or even just keep something like a protein bar, almonds, or a piece of fruit with me in my purse or car.

Best wishes, and just get back up on that horse! You can do it!
    --Jessie
  • 2SandyCheeks
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I know it seems like 400 or 500 calories over your goal is something horrible, but remember, it's probably close to what your calorie target will be when you go into maintenance mode.

Forgive yourself and focus on all the days that you made good choices. :smile:
  • lyrical_21
    lyrical_21 Posts: 25
    Options
    We all have those days and with the holiday coming up, I know I might just have one of those days this weekend. :-) As long as it's not an everyday occurrence, you'll be fine. Just stay focus on your overall long term goal.
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    it would be more disappointing if you did not care what you had eaten. you had a workout today. you didn't wimp out and not do it even though it is summer and probably hot. i don't think you should focus so much on what you did today that caused your disappointment. focus on what you did right instead. as the other people have said tomorrow is a new day. that eat this not that book is supposed to be very good. i saw it talked about on the view and on rachel ray and dr oz.
  • dga1972
    dga1972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Be glad the day is almost over and start again tomorrow! When everyone else around you is eating all that junk, tell yourself it's junk and that your body DESERVES better! Also, ask yourself "If what I am about to eat or do will help or hinder me in achieving my goal?" It helps me!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Dont be too hardon yourself. This is a lifestyle change not a diet.
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have kids too and it's hard to find healthy options, especially when you are running around and doing errands and stuff. Don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day! :smile:
  • astilson33
    astilson33 Posts: 52
    Options
    WOW thank you guys SO much! You all have really made me feel SO much better :) I do plan on getting back on track and having a GREAT workout tonight. I'll probably just have a salad for dinner maybe some veggies.