Summer to Fall Walk Challenge

Options
bajaco
bajaco Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2016 in Challenges
94 days~94 miles. This is a small and attainable goal. I'm not very healthy and have bad knees. So I figure if I can walk at least a mile a day, that's better than nothing. And if I beat my goal, that's even better. I should have posted this yesterday on the first day of summer. Lol. So who's willing to share this personal challenge with me. My daughter is getting married in December and I am determined #noweddingwaddle. So, Just check in everyday with a big "I did it!! #noweddingwaddle for me please. Thanks!!

Replies

• bajaco
    Options
    Accidentally posted new challenge instead of replying to a challenge. How do I delete this
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    You can report your post and select "this is my post and I want to delete it".
  • bajaco
    Options
    I decided to go with it lol. Maybe help me to be more accountable for myself. Lol.
  • bajaco
    Options
    I did it! #noweddingwaddle
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • bajaco
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I did it. Day 3- mile 3!! #noweddingwaddle
  • codagene
    codagene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Joining this challenge so that I can feel and look like a million bucks for my 50th Birthday in October. I need to loose weight bad, I feel and look terrible. I don't care for the treadmill or walking for exercise but it's Summer. A great time to be outside and enjoy the season. My plan is to get in at least five miles or more per day. Yes, it's a big goal but I'm going to force myself to comply! Today, will be my first day so I better get started now. My Fitbit is on, I'm ready to rock and roll. Shoot for the moon and you'll fall amongst the stars. Please keep me motivated, I need all the help I can get!
  • 911kate
    911kate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I will take on this challenge with you but will adjust it to include: walking, swimming, bicycling, house/yard work, and/or floor exercises every day until Fall (94 days). Today (6/22/16) is Day 1 - done!
  • codagene
    codagene Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Heading out to the gym, trying to get in two hours of non-stop walking!
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    In. Luckily I walked quite a bit on the 21st!
  • bajaco
    Options
    I did it!! Day 4/ mile 4. #noweddingwaddle
    Thanks for joining me and keeping me accountable!!
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    Options
    bajaco wrote: »
    I did it!! Day 4/ mile 4. #noweddingwaddle
    Thanks for joining me and keeping me accountable!!

Actually, aren't you at day 3 mile 4 since that was from 6/23?

I'm 4.04 miles, day 4. Should hit 6 miles by this afternoon though.

• bajaco
    Options
    Ok sorry I've been gone for a few days. I promise I haven't slacked on my challenge. It's been 9 days since the first day of summer (6/20) and I have walked at least a mile everyday. Yesterday I added a half of mile more. I am really proud of myself. I can feel the difference in my energy level. I am even looking forward to weigh in on Friday. How's everyone else doing??
    #noweddingwaddle
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    Options
    I neglected to track my walking this past weekend and substituted kayaking for my calorie burn, but I'll catch back up by the end of the week. I'm at about 5-6 miles now.
  • bajaco
    Options
    I did it #noweddingwaddle
    10/94. So I downloaded the app UA record and was quiet surprised that I wasn't giving myself enough credit for my lil 'ol mile walk. I went from guessing that I only burned 130 calories to a definite 474 calories. I did add an extra half mile. But still that's a big difference. I'm really happy that I downloaded it. Hopefully within the month I'll have a fitbit!! Kinda rewarding myself. Lol. So, how's everyone else doing?
  • bajaco
    Options
    Day 11/94!! I did it, just didn't post. We went and got bridesmaids dresses and for kicks and giggles i tried on the "momma dress". I grabbed my size which was a 24, and then had to go back for a smaller size. An 18!! I was happy because I know by the time her wedding rolls around i will be a smaller size!!
    #noweddingwaddle
  • bajaco
    Options
    Well, I see I wasn't missed. Lol. Oh well. Due to an injury (or three,lol) from playing hillbilly frisbee I've been down and out for the last week. But I think I'm ok to get back at it. But I'm starting off small, slow, and steady. On a bright note, I still lost some weight!!