Meals for One

Options
RoxanneBillington
RoxanneBillington Posts: 2 Member
Hi

I'm a university student hoping to lose about a stone.
Does anyone have any healthy (but filling) meals for one?

Thank you

Replies

• Jjdog1
    Jjdog1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    #1.Tuna steak, with 1 cup of brown rice and quinoa drizzled with lite balsamic vinegrette.
    #2. Baked in a pan with balsamic vinegrette i cook cut up organic Eggplant, onion, zuccini, tomatoes. Take a wrap put it in the oven melt a 1/2 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese. Put veggies on wrap fold and eat. Delicious!
  • RoxanneBillington
    RoxanneBillington Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jjdog1 wrote: »
    #1.Tuna steak, with 1 cup of brown rice and quinoa drizzled with lite balsamic vinegrette.
    #2. Baked in a pan with balsamic vinegrette i cook cut up organic Eggplant, onion, zuccini, tomatoes. Take a wrap put it in the oven melt a 1/2 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese. Put veggies on wrap fold and eat. Delicious!

That sounds great! Thank you
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I saute chicken breast (cut into squares) with onions and red bell peppers and put over rice, pasta, or potato. I'll spice it differently depending on what I feel like eating. Sometimes I'll add other veggies like broccoli, asparagus, or mushrooms.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your food storage situation is like, but I am a grad student and I always make a large meal with multiple servings. I portion it out right after I make it into Tupperware containers so I have the perfect size meal to grab and reheat all week!
    I do things like beans and sausage, zucchini lasagna or pasta, and taco bowls (all the taco ingredients minus the shell)!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ^ I'm with the above. Freeze the extra and then you don't have do much to worry about on a busier day.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I cook for 3 and that's hard enough, 1 is really tricky, especially if you're trying to control portions. I always cook a big batch and freeze leftovers in tupperware.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    www.hungry-girl.com

Lots of microwave cooked meals, meals for one, etc. Love her site.
  • Saskwatch99
    Saskwatch99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I cook a pot of beans and a pot of rice at least once a week. You can use either or both, with a couple of added ingredients, for all kinds of lunches and dinners throughout the week.

Beans & Rice
    Burritos
    Fiesta Salad
    Stir Fry (rice)
    Soup
    Chili
    Rice & Milk
    Enchiladas
    Rice Salad
    Baked Beans