Mcdonalds salads

Options
I love mcdonalds salads but I really don't know if they are really good for you?? I get the southwest Salad with extra meat. Does anyone have any info or knowledge on these salads

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collyn18 wrote: »
    I love mcdonalds salads but I really don't know if they are really good for you?? I get the southwest Salad with extra meat. Does anyone have any info or knowledge on these salads

http://www.nutritionsheet.com/facts/restaurants/fast-food/mcdonalds
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Try www.mcdonalds.com.
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options

With no meat, 140 calories. Add twice the topping of grilled chicken - it's 500 calories. Add twice the topping of crispy chicken, it's 720 calories.

A Big Mac is 540 calories.

So the salad with double meat isn't doing you any better on a diet than a Big Mac.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I get the grilled southwest salad all the time. It's yummy and if I don't get dressing (which I don't think it needs) I've got enough calories left for a small fry or a fruit and yogurt parfait. The salad sans dressing is 320 calories and a small fry is 230. That's about perfect.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If its in your calorie budget and you like it, why not? I love the crispy chicken bacon ranch one and had one yesterday.

Just means stricter budgeting during the rest of the day. All preference.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sure and enjoy! Just make sure it fits into your calore goals for the day.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

With no meat, 140 calories. Add twice the topping of grilled chicken - it's 500 calories. Add twice the topping of crispy chicken, it's 720 calories.

So the salad with double meat isn't doing you any better on a diet than a Big Mac.

The Southwest Salad with double grilled chicked provides 54 grams of protein for 500 calories. The big mac provides 25 grams of protein.

For me, part of a successful diet is hitting my nutritional requirements within my calories. Though I don't eat at MacDonalds, the salad would work much better for me.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Can you clarify what you mean by "good for you"? Are you just looking for the calorie content? As others have said it is in the database or on the McDonalds website. Or was there something else you were inquiring about?
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well, since you now have the nutrition info I think you can come up with an answer on your own.

I get the grilled Bacon Ranch Salad (no ranch dressing, I get vinegarrete). 230 cals for the salad and 35 for the dressing.

In my opinion its good- especially in comparison to it's competition. Both price, taste, and nutrition wise.

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    watch the calorie content of the dressing...that's not included in calorie count because it's a condiment. mcdonald's salad with double meat? I think i'd rather have a burger for the same # of calories.
  • cwang125
    cwang125 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Don't forget another 200 if you add the Ranch dressing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cwang125 wrote: »

who eats 200 calories worth of ranch....*gags* and I like ranch
  • cwang125
    cwang125 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Sounds like a lot... but its just that little packet they give you. That salad can easily be 900+ cals if its loaded up.
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    You can ask them for a tray liner, the back has all the calorie count
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'd rather have the southwest salad than a burger. It's really delicious and so it really is just what I want for the day. I don't consider either "healthier".
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I sometimes forgo the pack of ranch they give in favor of buttermilk lite ranch to save on some calories.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

There is 73 calories 1TBSP of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. 1 tbsp. is not very much dressing. The calories add up very quickly.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If I eat at McD's I also get the southwest salad, but without meat and I only use about half the dressing.