Smoothies

Options
fmg1581
fmg1581 Posts: 2 Member
Anyone have any ideas on a smoothie that is filling. I start my work days early in the morning and sometimes time is not on my side.. I've tried making one by adding frozen bananas, blueberries, a small avacado, water and ice it was great. I don't want to get bored with it. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Replies

• kdlane12
    kdlane12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the Lean Vanilla Protein shake from GNC with a banana, two tablespoons of peanut butter, water and ice. Quick, tasty, and filling!
  • tacosticks
    tacosticks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also make smoothies when I get up!
    My current favourite is bananas, frozen pineapples, powdered peanut butter(SO GOOD), and some almond milk. Very delicious, and kind of reminds me of the chunky monkey smoothie from Booster Juice.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Mine tend to be boring, but it's usually because I'm needing to grab something on the go on early shift. Spinach with some fruit, flax/chia seeds, and protein powder. 250-300 cals and good for several hours with it.
  • plpgeorgette
    plpgeorgette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2c Sigis vanilla yogurt
    1/2c frozen blueberries
    1/2c coconut milk
    135 calories of delicious!
  • Gypsywanab
    Gypsywanab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1 c frozen strawberries 50 cal
    1 vanilla or strawberry protein drink 100 cal
    1/3 cup almond milk unsweetened vanilla 10 cal
    160 cal 16 gm protein
  • themightykaci
    themightykaci Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i do a handfull of spinach and a cup or more of some frozen fruit, water and a protein (usually a tbs of chia seeds) in the past ive used walnuts peanut butter or hemp protein powder
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I use a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of frozen pineapple, 1 cup of frozen strawberries and 1.5 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk - it has the consistency of frozen yogurt and is absolutely delicious.

Now and then I'll add 35g of frozen avocado. The vanilla protein powder is so versatile you can add anything to it :) I love adding frozen fruit because I don't like adding ice to my smoothies.
  • CombatGirl93
    CombatGirl93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies for the OH to take to work and tomorrow's one consists of a banana, soya cream (had to get rid of the stuff), peanut butter and oats! I did have to thin it out a little with some water but it tastes mighty good!!