Fitness Hobbies?

Options
girl_inflames
girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
What are some things you like to do fitness wise on your down time?
I'm a huge hiker, and being in Arizona, it's not hard to find a new place to hike!

Replies

• jdgboxing
    jdgboxing Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My wife and I use to play tons of basketball but now go on long walks since she's just got pregnant.. I have a few friends who hike and love it, I've thought about doing a few myself.
  • rthomps0n
    rthomps0n Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I go fishing a lot. Not much action while fishing but hiking down to my favorite fishing holes can be quite the work out!
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Golf
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Cycling. Either on Tarmac or in the Woods. It's what I love to do. Always have.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge hiker, and being in Arizona, it's not hard to find a new place to hike!

White Tanks has several huge trails, Camelback, tons of recreation sites, Squaw Pe....I mean Piestwa Peak, Black Mountain and Cave Creek, South Mountain, Estrellas, McDowell park, tons our by the Verde, Troon, or Fountain Hills...etc.

I play tennis and hike a lot.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    cycling is my primary form of cardio and also a hobby. I enjoy just riding as well as participating in various cycling events and racing. I'm also an avid hiker.
  • girl_inflames
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

White Tanks has several huge trails, Camelback, tons of recreation sites, Squaw Pe....I mean Piestwa Peak, Black Mountain and Cave Creek, South Mountain, Estrellas, McDowell park, tons our by the Verde, Troon, or Fountain Hills...etc.

I definitely have been wanting to get out to the White Tanks and explore those. I've been to Camelback...I'm currently still nursing a bruised toe nail from too much pressure climbing down! I've also been to South Mountain. I really like to get out of Phoenix and hike just due to the heat here...and the fact that the rest of the state up north is so beautiful!

• girl_inflames
    Options
    I used to bike a lot when I was younger...it hurts my bum way too much though. Super jealous of you cyclers!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

I definitely have been wanting to get out to the White Tanks and explore those. I've been to Camelback...I'm currently still nursing a bruised toe nail from too much pressure climbing down! I've also been to South Mountain. I really like to get out of Phoenix and hike just due to the heat here...and the fact that the rest of the state up north is so beautiful!

We do Flag because it is close, but I LOVE the White Mountains. Looks up Fossil or Clear Creak, the Black River, etc. TONS of great hiking in cooler weather.

Cheers.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a big time hiker especially with my dog. I'm also a huuuuge fan of kayaking. Actually I love anything involving water from fishing to swimming to kayaking. I also will be getting a mountain bike to hopefully start utilizing our great trails up here. Then I hope, when my weight is lower, to start rock climbing.
  • Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to bike a lot when I was younger...it hurts my bum way too much though. Super jealous of you cyclers!

I ride everyday! Your bum gets used to it. I even refuse to wear padded cycling shorts, I prefer a running skirt when I ride.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I like hiking. My hobby, fitness, sport and first love is figure skating. I've done it the majority of my life. It is my life I think
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

If your bum is hurting you need a different saddle. The pain is coming from the friction from the "Wings".... If you have a bike you can replace the saddles. Go to your LBS and they'll help you out, and get you fitted properly. I would also suggest Cycling Shorts, Bib Shorts or Cycling underwear. They have a Chamois pad that keeps you private areas for getting so sore.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    Hiking, basketball, volleyball, softball
  • joycejentges
    joycejentges Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy hiking, although right now, until I get my endurance back, short hikes. I love nature and looking for wildflowers.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    hike, water/snow ski, mountain bike, road bike, trail run, snowshoe, tennis
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Anything on a bike; road or mountain.
  • deztined
    deztined Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I love to hike too. I'm from Northern AZ so Its fun to hit the forest trails.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Even though I teach 6 hours of water fitness classes every week, I still love to swim in my down time! I am convinced I was a mermaid in a previous life!