Go outside!

What is your best outdoor activity? Do you hike? Kayak? It's that time of year and I am an early raiser and love to go outside and be in nature.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Hiking but I have a puppy and he can't hike far/harder hikes yet so I am not doing as much this year. I love kayaking but I don't do it enough either.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    I love walks by the lake.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    I walk in a nearby forest pretty much every morning I can, about 2 - 4 miles, with dog and hub and most of the times a neighbor couple. It's how we all start our day, and we're pretty addicted. Helps the dog have regular poop sessions too :smile: Then, breakfast and off to work. My day is kinda wonky if I don't get that walk in, both physically and mentally.

Also love me my mountain biking. Casual group rides, same forest, about 3x per week. Nothing beats it.

Hike when I can, and heck, even love wine on the back deck looking out over our yard. Not exercise for the body, but sure helps the spirit!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Bike riding! I do it casually around the neighborhood but its fun!
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    As you can see by my profile, I love to hike with my dog.! So much fun!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Hiking and trekking by a long shot.
  • lilbitmeme
    lilbitmeme Posts: 89 Member
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    gardening
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,444 Member
    Cycling.

Also walking, hiking, and occasionally water sports.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    I love hiking in the canyons.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Rock climb and hike:-)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Tennis.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I hike and kayak. Throw in some trail running & fishing. Sometimes I even workout in my yard just to be outside
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Tennis! :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Hiking, biking, walking. I walk every lunch break unless it's pouring rain or below 20 F. I love being outside.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    RUN
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    I have access to a nice trail system where I can hike with my dog off leash. That's my favorite thing right now. I run the trails if it's not too hot. If it is too hot, I'm afraid she will overheat. She's a very loyal dog and will not stop until I do. And I don't have fur, so....

Anyway, that's my thing.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    I jog at the moment in the park but on occasion I like going deeper into the park where there aren't any official paths and walk between the trees just to see what's in there.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    the occasional water sport lol
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Inline speed skating on the bike path is my favorite, but I also love to hike, bike, kayak, and take a walk around sunset if it isn't too hot.