trying for one week - no results....

Options
2»

Replies

• snoopkity
    snoopkity Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in the Army and have seen myself and many others go through the same struggle. It always takes more than one week to see results. It took me 4 weeks to see the results. Also, keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. If you are gaining muscle while losing fat, you could be cancelling them out. To monitor your fitness better take your measurements, neck, waist and hips. Also, I noticed that you are on a 1200 calorie diet and you are 5'7. I'm 5 ft and I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. When I first logged in it told me that losing weight too fast can hurt you more than help. It can cause your body to start storing whatever you are taking in, even if you don't need it. Try not to lose so much so fast. Be carefull.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I understand feeling let down, but don't let the discouragement you feel derail your efforts!

Make sure you're drinking a ton of water, account for every morsel you put in your mouth and keep a close eye on how much sodium you're eating, all of this will help!

The best advice I can give you is to bring your frustrations here to MFP, and not to your pantry or fridge ;) I went through a phase that lasted a few weeks, I'd gain 3 pounds, then lose them, then gain them again, I was soooooo upset and mad at myself, I was doing everything I could to lose those pounds and nothing was working, but MFP friends encouraged me to stay the course and suddenly those pounds starting coming off again and I'm on a losing streak once more!

You can do it!

Katie
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up. Getting started is the hardest part. If you can get through the first few weeks, it will start getting easier and the cravings will ease. With small children you probably burn well over 1200 calories a day chasing them. You might want to up your intake a bit and see what happens. Also, allow a bit of indugence now and again also. Being too strict is often a problem because it makes you feel deprived.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, though. I'm on week two-ish. I've been sticking to 1500 net calories, exercising daily, drinking water, eating better. Has the scale moved? Not really.

Ya didn't get fat in a week, so ya won't get skinny in a week either. Getting to this weight was the easy part. Now's time for muscle, sweat, tears, effort, and triumph!

If you're feeling better and living better, that's a victory in and of itself. The scale will come. Just keep truckin!
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It took me about two weeks to start seeing any results with my diet. Mostly it involved drinking the proper amounts of water every day and eating less sodium. The water weight started dropping off quickly, but then it slowed down to its normal pace.

Stick to it! One week isn't enough to get a good idea of how things are going to go.
  • reprobate
    reprobate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI VanMarie,
    I'm pretty new to this site myself and my MFP plan recommends me netting 1200 calories a day, but I am 5 feet tall and weigh 135 pounds. It sounds to me like 1200 may be a bit low for you. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but you may need to eat more. Please just keep doing what you're doing, exercise-wise. Like everyone else has already said, one week isn't enough to start gauging results. I understand how frustrating it can be to work your butt off and not get the results you are looking for (someone else had mentioned stepping on the scale the morning after working hard and not seeing any difference - I am the same way). I am on week three and have lost 5 pounds but feel like I should have lost more.
    Advice--I have noticed that exercise in the evening (because I absolutely can't do it in the morning because I get up at 0430 just to go to work) kills my appetite. I am still able to eat dinner but all that snacking that I use to do, I just don't do it anymore. I have also started cooking my own meals with fresh produce and whole grains and legumes instead of using Hamburger Helper and Rice a Roni and have noticed that my own cravings for junk have all but disappeared. They are certainly more controllable. Well, I don't want to go for too long here, so if you're interested in anything else I have learned, please let me know. I wish you well!
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention earlier.... If you lose the weight slowly, you will find it much easier to keep it off too!! More often than not, people who lose weight quickly find themselves putting it back on quickly after they stop "dieting". Good luck!