More gas

Options
I'm a few days into my diet and I seem to have a lot more gas than usual. Is this normal?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you've upped your fiber and vegetable intake, then it's bound to happen.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I hear that a lack of activity can cause excess gas, but if this is not you, it is most likely the introduction of more gas causing foods. "I'm a few days into my diet", seems like a good example. This should subside, but if your concern continues, you can look into low gassy foods :+1:
  • StrawberrySofia
    StrawberrySofia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you've upped your fiber and vegetable intake, then it's bound to happen.

That makes sense. Thanks :)

Fursian wrote: »
    I hear that a lack of activity can cause excess gas, but if this is not you, it is most likely the introduction of more gas causing foods. "I'm a few days into my diet", seems like a good example. This should subside, but if your concern continues, you can look into low gassy foods :+1:

I'm not worried about it. Just embarrassed. That makes sense too. Thank you for you help :)
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, are you eating more soy? I found that my body is less-than-fond of soy and gassiness is an inevitable consequence of a delicious helping of tofu or meatless meats.

As others have pointed out, more fiber and veggies often yield more gas for a while. Your body will get used to it :smile:
  • StrawberrySofia
    Options
    Out of curiosity, are you eating more soy? I found that my body is less-than-fond of soy and gassiness is an inevitable consequence of a delicious helping of tofu or meatless meats.

As others have pointed out, more fiber and veggies often yield more gas for a while. Your body will get used to it :smile:

Nah, not really soy.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If it continues, you can get charcoal tablets from the pharmacy (they don't taste like charcoal ;) ) and they help a lot apparently.
  • StrawberrySofia
    Options
    If it continues, you can get charcoal tablets from the pharmacy (they don't taste like charcoal ;) ) and they help a lot apparently.

Ok, thank you :)

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    3 yoga poses that work! Be in a room where no one can hear you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_F4Vdd6lsE
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days into my diet and I seem to have a lot more gas than usual. Is this normal?

Your car will get better mileage when it carries less weight.