I'm calling this an NSV

Options
thetrishwarp
thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
Not only have I gone to the beach in a bikini TWO weekends in a row (and currently experiencing painful sunburns as a result...) - As I'm sitting here on my bed, confronted by my dressing mirror... I actually *feel* skinny. I've been struggling this whole time to see the size 6 me, instead of the size 12 me. And here I am... looking at myself...noticing my collarbones, and my distinct shoulders...and the fact that my waist does in fact nip in.

Long story long...I don't feel like the huge whale I've been seeing myself as. The mental change is finally coming with the physical. I'm still 12 lbs away from my goal, but I know it will come with determination and dedication. Now that I'm finally seeing what my hard work has REALLY done...I can't wait to see what else I've got.

Just thought I'd share! :D

Replies

• AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :-D Congratulations
  • lolathompson
    lolathompson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    what is NSV?
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    This is absolutely a NSV.

Congratulations! Your hard work is paying off!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    what is NSV?

It is a non scale victory.
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! definately a nsv!!
    an nsv = a non scale victory
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ouch! on the sunburn. But great on the new improved you feeling!!! Way to go!!
  • lolathompson
    lolathompson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm quite happy! :)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    remember the sunscreen next time. Great job!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Options
    Congratulations! Someone on here wrote that the taste of food doesn't outweigh the delight of seeing yourself skinny. As you've experienced!
  • jam1166
    jam1166 Posts: 30
    Options
    Great post! Congrats on your success!!!
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    That is awesome!! so glad ure feeling as great as u look!! ** for the sunburn theres this amazing lotion called Sarna, its got menthol in it, and it will definately help with the burn (my husband blisters so we had to get some), u can find it in most stores**
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!