WOW! the benefits of eating healthily...

Options
when you keep up with healthy eating and make it a part of your lifestyle, you start to take for granted how good you feel. energized, healthy, never sick, never tired. and then you eat unhealthy for once and it’s all over. haha. i had fried food earlier as a "cheat meal" and i’m pretty sure i’ve never felt so ****ty in my entire life. i’m tired and nauseous, dizzy and lazy and just blah. and wow, it’s just amazing the difference i feel. how did i ever eat this way before?! can't believe i let myself live like this! haha. anyone feel the same?

Replies

• adventuring
    adventuring Posts: 178
    Options
    Yeah, same thing happened to me. I started eating right and then I started exercising, and exercise was way more enjoyable than I remembered. And then I ate poorly one day and tried to exercise still, and it was like I never did anything at all and was as out of shape as when I started. It makes a big difference!
  • canadianchick11
    Options
    I completely agree! I had some chocolate last weekend while at a friends party and felt like crap all night. I actually don't think I'll ever be able to eat like i used to, my body won't allow it! I never knew how good it feels to eat healthy :drinker:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!! A fast food cheeseburger about killed me. Yulk!! Like you said, I can't believe I used to eat that way... and all the time.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I feel it the next day - my workout can feel like a marathon and I feel groggy all day! Makes me wonder how I used to live like that on a daily basis!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Love this feeling.

Unfortunately i haven't been the healthiest in the past few months so i don't have this feeling yet but i'm hoping the second half of the year will motivate me (especially seeing as summer will come quite fast)
  • alexg94
    alexg94 Posts: 44
    Options
    Meh, I feel the same. I feel WAY better when I eat a slice a pizza or a burger.
  • a_q_u_a_lizard
    Options
    it just happened to me..i was sick for a week and couldnt workout and ate horribly, and it feels like you have to start all over..like all that progress was a waste. blahh. but once you get back on track you feel better than you ever have.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Definitely. And my sleep is better. I exercise from the morning (I say from because sometimes I'll still be exercising in Tge afternoon, if hiking etc) and eat well throughput Tge day, then by 10pm I feel ready for bed, without the need for sleeping aids or a glass if wine. I can't believe I didn't start living like this before!!!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Stupid iPhone keeps turning 'the' into 'tge' :(
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Chinese food used to be my favourite but now when I eat it I feel genuinely ill! Bloated and thirsty and lethargic and generally just yukky! I think it's part of the reason why I don't crave junk any more too, just knowing how horrible it makes me feel!