Liquor, hot wings, & Martinis

Options
Is what is going to be in abundance tomorrow and I'm freaking out because I've done so well on my diet and workout. My cousins are in town for the 4th and its crazy how much I dont want to go see them because I know I will drink. I have a weakness for liquor and beer. Of course with the liquor and laughter comes hot wings and popcorn and let's not forget nachos. I don't know what to do. I was telling my husband that maybe we should have a good dinner and then go and visit them for a bit. The sad part is that I can't let my hair down because I'm so focus on weight loss. Maybe I should say eff it and gain a few pounds but have a great time but then theres the guilt the morning after. Whatever I feel so frustrated.

Replies

• zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You could just bring low cal snack food & drinks with you. Moderation is key. Good luck and whatever you decide to do I hope you have a great weekend.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You can have all of that.

Just in small portions. Have a bit of this, a bit of that, and savor every moment. Just don't go mad and you can do it. Drink lots of water to flush the salt and liquor, though.
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    1 day of being bad won't kill you, as long as you get back with the program the next day.

Have fun!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Its taken me five weeks to lose ten pounds and I'm scared to gain them back.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    enjoy the holiday and then start fresh the next day.

I was excited today to find margarita mix with 0 calories!!! so margarita for on 65 cal each!! My favorite drink!
    I am going to enjoy the holiday with family and just try not to over do it on everything. I'm gonna try, can't say how that will go...but

cheers!

and btw, its taken me 2 wks to gain 4 pounds and lose them ( i hope its muscle since I'm losing inches)
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Perspective.

You didn't lose ten pounds in a day, and you certainly aren't going to gain it back in a day. The only thing that can change in one day is your water weight.

Just say screw it and have an awesome worry free holiday. Then go back to being a good little girl the next day.
  • SandraCarrizales
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I went out of town for my friend's birthday party and I fell off the wagon. I felt awful when I returned home to find I had gained 4lbs. I've lost 2 of those pounds but I worked so hard to lose the weight. Nevertheless, GRACE is the key. Forgive yourself if you do have a bad day. Then start back. One thing I would recommend is Skinny Girl Margarita or Devotion Vodka. Both have fewer calories than beer. I love Skinny Margarita. My drink of choice as I try to lose weight.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Beer and liquor are my weakness too, but somehow I have gotten past the drunk muchies. I am good about that. If we go to a bar and everyone is ordering food, I try to split something with someone or have two hot wings instead of the entire plate (I do love hot wings too) Don't stop having fun in your life, I know losing weight is an awesome feeling, but if you aren't enjoying life, is it worth it? You can find a balance and do both!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, hon!!! DO NOT miss out on the joys of life because of a scale!!! When you look back you will NOT remember how much you weighed on this particular weekend....you will remember the memories and laughs!!!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Have you ever watched 'skinny' or not really skinny but healthy weight people (who STAY/live that way)? They eat all that and drink all that but they can eat just a little bit. You can taste all the good stuff but more than a taste? That's a waste : )
    haha on the pun. I have not mastered that skill/habit. I have a problem with portion control. ONE hot wing? I don't think so.
    But I know the secret which is not really a secret. Everything in moderation. Which is kind of an oxymoron I just realize.
    oy
  • angelicdisgrace
    Options
    Everything in moderation, hon!!! DO NOT miss out on the joys of life because of a scale!!! When you look back you will NOT remember how much you weighed on this particular weekend....you will remember the memories and laughs!!!

You are sooo right!
  • noely1974
    noely1974 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1 day of being bad won't kill you, as long as you get back with the program the next day.

Have fun!

Totally agree with this and the others. Fun with family and friends is far more important than scales , I just find its hard to decipher when the fun stops and the over indulgence takes over. But you just have to brush it off the next morning and get back to it. The odd night is ok as long as you get back to it , have fun!
  • angelicdisgrace
    Options
    Thanks all I feel better and will enjoy my cousins. Besides is rare the time the drive into town. Who knows when we'll see each other again.
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How about getting a good workout in before heading out to see your family? I suggest also entering how much you plan on drinking and eating on your food log, so at least you won't be surprised at the end or feel bad. I know how you're feeling because I'm in the same boat. This weekend is going to be tough for me. I have dinner and drinks tonight with boyfriend and friends, bbq tomorrow, and a huge party my family is throwing on Sunday. I know I'm going to be eating and drinking alot so I'm aiming to burn at least 900 - 1000 so I don't feel as bad. I just got back from the gym and burned about 900 cal and tomorrow morning, I plan on running for at least an hour and half. Anyways, good luck to you; I'm sure you'll be fine!! :smile:
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Thanks all I feel better and will enjoy my cousins. Besides is rare the time the drive into town. Who knows when we'll see each other again.

GREAT decision! :happy: Have a WONDERFUL time full of laughter!!!
  • angelicdisgrace
    Options
    How about getting a good workout in before heading out to see your family? I suggest also entering how much you plan on drinking and eating on your food log, so at least you won't be surprised at the end or feel bad. I know how you're feeling because I'm in the same boat. This weekend is going to be tough for me. I have dinner and drinks tonight with boyfriend and friends, bbq tomorrow, and a huge party my family is throwing on Sunday. I know I'm going to be eating and drinking alot so I'm aiming to burn at least 900 - 1000 so I don't feel as bad. I just got back from the gym and burned about 900 cal and tomorrow morning, I plan on running for at least an hour and half. Anyways, good luck to you; I'm sure you'll be fine!! :smile:

Great idea! I have my total body training tomorrow and i will just do afterwards and try to burn off as many calories possible. Then I will do the same on Sunday. :wink:
  • angelicdisgrace
    Options

GREAT decision! :happy: Have a WONDERFUL time full of laughter!!!

Thanks I will! :drinker: