50 pounds at a time!

Options
Hello, my name is Jeff. Very nice to meet you all. For those who don't already know (and why would you? Was that you peeping in my window last night?! : P ) I am morbidly obese, 399 lbs. at six feet even and 38 years old, and have been for some ten years now. ( Well, the weight and height part anyway, not so much the age.) I've gained, lost, and regained more weight than a small to medium troop of clowns, doing everything from low-carb to low-fat to low-fat/low-carb vegan with nuts and a cherry on top, and yet here I am, still (almost) as big as I've ever been.

Up until about two weeks ago I was very seriously considering having bariatric surgery of some sort, but as I researched and found out more information about the whole process I realized that it wouldn't work. For me, it just wasn't going to result in the long-term weight loss and associated health benefits that I so desperately need. It finally has dawned on me that the only thing that's going to do those things are what everyone already knows but is trying to deny: the only way to lose weight and be healthy is to EAT LESS CALORIES AND BURN MORE CALORIES. No magical pill, no magical diet plan, no magical surgery is ever going to change that.

Anyway, with apologies for my long-winded tirade (I had Mexican for lunch.), I am extremely excited to begin my real weight loss/health recovery program with myfitnesspal, and perhaps with your help as well. If you ever need a sympathetic ear, encouragement, or really gross jokes about intestinal gas, please feel free to message me at any time. Until then, take care of yourself.

Jeff

Replies

• gypsigirl
    gypsigirl Posts: 2
    Options
    Wish you the best on your journey to health jeff-
  • Logicalpoots
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words; and may I say "same to you, only more of it"? : )
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I like fart jokes...
  • Logicalpoots
    Options
    That's because you're obviously a fellow enlightened being. : P