Nutritious CEREAL?!

Options
jaxee31
jaxee31 Posts: 14 Member
Help I'm @ Von's and need lazy girl breakfasts for myself and my family when we are on the go. Can you all suggest any cereals???! I'm reading labels but this is taking FOREVER.

Replies

• myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i like frosted wheats less then 200 calories a cup with 5 grams of protein before adding milk.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Honey nut cheerios and lucky charms mixed together
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Kashi cereals generally have more protein & fiber than a lot of other cereals. Special K (original) has a decent protein count too.

I mainly look for whole grains, because I don't like the fiber additives (inulin aka chicory root)......some Kashi's & "flavored" Fiber One's do have that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I go for protein enriched cereals, weetabix protein crunch or fuel 10k protiflakes. Don't know if you can get them in the US though.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein. Add raisins and it's like raisin bran.
  • the_quadfather
    the_quadfather Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat this Kashi variety every morning with a handful of blueberries and a scoop of this flavorless whey protein mixed into 1 Cup of skim milk every morning that rolls.

Have for the past year. It's been great!
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I use Cascadian Farms Honey nut O's in the morning... or if you obviously don't want organic, you can do regular old Cheerio's. I'm not one for sweet things in the morning, it just hurts my belly. But i do use cereal as a snack mostly. And i have no problem using Lucky Charms, Coco Puffs or the like. Just remember to actually do the proper servings, most cereal's i see tend to stay in the 100-130 calorie zone.
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like Weetabix with dash or two of cinnamon. I can find it at Meijers in the states. I wish I could find the chocolate flavored one to try.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Protein Weetabix
  • NorthRiver
    NorthRiver Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat raw rolled oats with some nuts and seeds for cereal. That's cheaper than all of those options, has way less sugar and chemical additives, and probably more protein and fiber, too. And it's just as convenient: Put in bowl, add milk, done.
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don,t know if you can get it in the US but I have Goodness foods better 4u digestive. It is made from barley max and was recommended by a sports dietitian. I add blueberries a scoop of Chobani yoghurt and skim milk. It keeps me full till lunch time but after a morning weight session I also have a protein shake.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If you have Shredded Wheat where you are, that's a good one. Like chewing a small bale of hay, but in a good way. Keeps me full.

Also Shreddies. Like little roof tiles made of malted wheat.

But I'm conscious that breakfast cereals vary a lot from country to country.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oops, duplicate post
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Love shredded wheat bite size then add fruit like blueberries or raspberries.
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I either eat GrapeNuts mixed with Oatbran (not perfect, but one of the very few prepared cereals which isn't crammed with sugar) or unsweetened Muesli.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I used to like the Nature's Path line of cereals. Hemp granola, Mesa Sunrise flakes, Vanilla Sunrise, and a few others. Even the kids line is pretty good (Panda Puffs).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's what you add to cereals that add nutrition. The cereal is the carb. Milk or yogurt add the protein. Fruit is tasty and adds vitamins and more fiber. Nuts add a little fat and a little protein. You can save time by batch preparation and storing in the refrigerator. I like making up a batch of oatmeal either the refrigerator kind (soak overnight), or batch cooking oatmeal. I have a little station of add-ins for my oatmeal every morning.