new shoes

Options
So how long does it take for new shoes to actually be comfortable? I got a pair of New Balance yesterday and thus far I can say that I am not impressed. My ankles roll out when I walk/jog so all my body weight goes to the outside of my feet and I got shoes that are supposed to make it so that cannot happen but they are not exactically what I expected for how much they cost. I have never been actually "fitted" for a pair of shoes before this (unless heels for my wedding count) so maybe they fit like they are supposed to and I just have to get used to them but I really do not know. Any thoughts would be great :)

Replies

• lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    What kind of new balance? I suppose they are some kind of mild to moderate motion control, which can take some getting used to.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    New Balance is my favorite.....I've never had problems with them being uncomfortable from day 1.
  • lindahavard
    Options
    I had New blance and i had the same problem took them back and got the and reebock tone ups and i love them
  • Slimntrim90
    Options
    Take them back and have them find a pair that fits better!
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'd take them back. When I was looking for shoes, I went thru four pairs before I found a pair I liked that didn't make my toes go numb. I have a problem with certain shoes where either a nerve snaps through my foot (if the heel is high enough) or my 3rd and 4th toes go numb if the shoe is flat and hard enough. If its really bad, my second toe goes too!

Oh with the first three pairs, I was listening to what the salesmen were telling me. Then I bought a pair that I picked and they were perfect.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    i never had much luck with expensive shoes, i have a pair of dr scholls now that are the best iv ever had
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You should definately get fitted for running shoes. I work in a place as a sales person to fit runners and i always see so many people wearing the wrong shoes. New Balance shoes tend to be wider than the other brands so if you have a narrow foot try asics or puma. In relation to your question, did someone recommend the shoes for you? You said that they are designed to stop you rolling however if you roll quite heavily there are specific shoes for you and you should enquire someone to help you with this otherwise you will have problems. When you try on the shoes you should feel the arch support in a comfortable position. Also get someone to watch you walk in them and see if you are indeed still rolling in them. There are so many different shoes for dfferent people. ANother option is to see a podiatrist who can design an inner sole specifically for you.

Sorry about the ramble, hope i was of some help