Hello everyone! I need Help Losing Fat and Increasing Muscle

Options
Hello, my name is Cody and I started losing weight about 11 months ago when I saw myself in the mirror and then weighed myself. I weighed 298 pounds and I'm 6' 4''. I said I'm not going to hit that 300 mark so Thats when I started going to the gym and at the end of one month I had lost 30 pounds. That's a pound a day I had lost.
Since then I haven't went to the gym or exercised what so ever until 4 days ago. In that ten month period I lost another 35 pounds for some reason.
I have a beer gut and I feel weak.

I'm now at 234 pounds and my goal weight is 220. My other goal is to build my body mass into pure muscle and stay at 220 pounds with ripped muscles. Does anyone have any tips for my nutrition and my workouts?

P.S. My birthday is on july 4th.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I want to know too! I have the gut too! and cardio is def not helping.
  • lindahavard
    Options
    go to military.com and do those excerises my son lost his beer belly in three weeks. And Happy Birthday:smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert in the matter, but to build muscle, you need to feed it.

Personally, I aim to max out my protein every day, and let the carbs and fat fall where they may. And that's been doing a pretty good job for me for targeting fat loss without muscle loss. I'm not ripped by any means, nor do I am to be, but I think for a 39 year old former couch potato, I'm doing pretty good.
  • CeeZee
    CeeZee Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome, I also started a year ago , good beginning and then flatline. Started again a week ago and big difference now with MFP friends. Keep it up! Keep posting!
  • Lunchbox25
    Options
    What is MFP?
  • Lunchbox25
    Options
    I see that you have lost a good bit of weight! Good job! Keep it up. I'm looking for friends to help me with my goals so is it possible you can send me friend request?
  • Lunchbox25
    Options
    Thanks for the Happy Birthday! I will most certainly check that site out.
  • Lunchbox25
    Options
    I do know that if you keep your heart rate at 145 to 150 for 45 min to an hour every other day you will burn fat faster than a heart rate of 160 and up.